Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'new' default dialog page missing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
501 Views, 3 Replies

'new' default dialog page missing

PC froze and had to do a forced shut-down on PC. Seems to have affected my Inventor 2010 installation.  I can not retreive the command "NEW" default dialogue page as well as my custom made drawing templates.  Any suggestions how to reset this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> Seems to have affected my Inventor 2010 installation

Are you speaking about Inventor? Then you are in the wrong forum, try again >>>in the Inventor forum<<<.

If you are speaking about plain AutoCAD, then you are right here and you should look to the command STARTUP (>>>details<<<) for how AutoCAD starts and what it shows when started.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4

Terry,

Is this on a PC which has the Box.net client installed ? If so then there is a known issue with that impacting the New dialog. Try exiting from that to see if this is resolved.

Otherwise, does the CTRL+N work to bring the New dialog up ? What about if you use the Open dialog & then use new from there ?

Any additional details about what you're seeing ?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 4
blair
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

System Specs and O/S version would help.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report