Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motion

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Zac-C
579 Views, 11 Replies

motion

Attached is a very early stage of a conveyor belt.The part was quickly created for reference..Is there a way that once this belt is constructed in a assembly that it can move as motion.The belt will need to travel around some bends.which means the pieces will also need to turn inwards as they go around bends..can there be movement in the links / belt like real life with simulation.........is all this possible?

How would i create a track for the conveyor belt to follow for movement

IJC

Inventor 2013

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jingyi.liu
in reply to: Zac-C

Have you tried Dynamic Simulation before? Attached please find a sample i made, you can have a look.

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Message 3 of 12
Zac-C

Hi Jingyi Liu and thank you for supplying ample file.I viewed your model with simulation.Thanks

When i get this further along in design can individual links move independently of each other....eg .. when the links travel around a bend each link will be at a slightly different angle to each other according to where they are on the bend?

That is good starting help

IJC

Message 4 of 12
jingyi.liu

Hi IJC,

General speaking, I think it's feasible to make individual link move independently, it depends on the joint between two connected links. Now, I added a revolution joint between two links, maybe we can consider there is a pin placed in obround hole, so 3D contact joint will be much better, but it will make simulation more complex especially when you add more content in. Sometimes, simplification is also a good way to practice.

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Message 5 of 12
Zac-C

Hi Jingyi Liu

Thank you again

Yes there will be a pin placed in obround hole holding the links together.Will the 3D contact joint enable the movement of individual links as they move around the bend sections?

I have attached a possible conveyor track..can the links move around this track individually on this type of track as in reaql life situation?.I used 2D sketches and a 3D sketch...isthis how you would model the conveyor track?

For learning purposes the first attempt as you mentioned will be a simplified version and then progressing to a more real life situation of movement

Thank you

IJC

Message 6 of 12
jingyi.liu

Hi IJC

I saw your conveyor belt, it was depicted  by a 3D sketch, unfortunately, the point-curve sliding joint is not avaliable for 3D sketch. the only way I can image is 3D contact, but I can't give you affirmative answer so far.   

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Message 7 of 12
Zac-C

Thank you

Is there another way of creating the 3D sketch i attached so that the point-curve sliding joint can be used for this particulat shaped track ...if not is the 3D contact the only other option?

Thanks for the continuing information

IJC

Message 8 of 12
Zac-C

Hi Jingyi Liu

Would there ba another way of creating the Track ( 3D track i attached)  i attached so that i could use the point-curve sliding joint so there is movement in the links around bends etc,,etc..

Thanks

IJC

Message 9 of 12
jingyi.liu

There is no workaround to create the 3D track you attached and ensure  point-curve workable at the same time.

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Message 10 of 12
Zac-C

Thanks for your help...will need to try something different

Message 11 of 12
JDMather

Do you have the Wasim Younis book?

Is something like this exercise from the book what you are trying to do?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
Zac-C
in reply to: JDMather

I have just ordered that book..yes it is similiar to the file you attached The conveyor track attached has the belt (links) travelling along the top and returning along the bottom i one continuos motion....the problem i have is that i wanted to use the point-curve sliding joint so as the links move as real life...can this sketch be created on the same track but not use the 3D sketch so as to use the the point-curve sliding joint

What are your thoughts?

Thank you

IJC

Inventor 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report