Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modifying diameter and radius dimensions

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jbellric
1087 Views, 4 Replies

modifying diameter and radius dimensions

My company is trying to Standardize all drawings produced to 1 format.  the one we are attempting to create would be in the form of: nominal upper limit^lower limit.  this is easily acheived in autocad and linear, chamfer, and hole/thread dimensions in inventor.  but radii's and diameters from a round surface (as apposed to linear diameters) we have run into a snag with.  We cannot seem to find a way to either remove the prefix symbols or be able to insert text between the symbol and tolerance.

below is a illistration of the problem and the form of the new dimensions.

if anyone knows where i can find these controles, the information would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: jbellric

@jbellric wrote:

My company is trying to Standardize ....

What standard are you using?  (Example - ASME/ANSI Y14.41).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
jbellric
in reply to: JDMather

we aren't really using a set ANSI standard right now.  every engineer has his own method right now.

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: jbellric

@jbellric wrote:

we aren't really using a set ANSI standard right now.  every engineer has his own method right now.

Perhaps the easiest way to introduce and enforce a common standard is to agree to use a National Standard.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
jbellric
in reply to: JDMather

I have been trying for the last 3 years but this is what the management feel is our better option.  so back to the original question: Is there a way to remove the diameter and radius symbol from appearing on their own?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report