Inventor General

Distinguished Contributor
warrentdo
Message 1 of 2 (146 Views)

modify a sketch symbol globally

146 Views, 1 Replies
11-09-2012 01:15 AM
Is it possible to modify a sketch symbol that has existing prompted text while keeping the existing prompted text? For example, I have a sketch symbol that is placed on every detail on the drawing. We could have 8 details on a drawing. This sketch symbol uses prompted text to fill in the relevant information for each detail. Is there a way to change the sketch symbol globally and then copy the sketch symbol in to each drawing without losing the prompted text? Currently I have to modify the sketch symbol within each drawing. To keep the prompted text. Regards Warren.
*Pro
sbixler
Message 2 of 2 (133 Views)

Re: modify a sketch symbol globally

11-09-2012 05:18 AM in reply to: warrentdo

This sounds like an ideal task for a macro.  I've got an iLogic rule that swaps title blocks in a drawing, preserving the prompted entries. I suppose the same kind of thing can be done with sketched symbols.  You'll probably want to make it a macro of some kind, so it can be run on multiple files.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube