Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modeling banjo neck complete beginner

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
stone.preston
1797 Views, 4 Replies

modeling banjo neck complete beginner

ok. So, got bored over spring break and figured id give 3d modeling a go. I really wanted to model a banjo that I could draft some plans for and stuff. So, I watched some tuts and other stuff and made a few of the tutorial parts. Then I made the other parts for my banjo which went fine. However the neck is giving me tons of trouble. I simply dont know where to begin or what to do and im just lost. I sketched out the outline of the neck. neckSketch.JPG

now, I need the neck to have a curve under neath it. like a half cylindrical shape. such as the one on this guitar neck:

guitarNeck.JPG

I need that heel at the end of the neck as well. I really want to finish making this thing since ive made the other parts already. (they werent near as hard as this) and I just need some tips (bear in mind i just started today. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Leanderjk
in reply to: stone.preston

From my understanding you want something like this.

I've added the part so you can look at what I did. Smiley Happy

Love to see your finished model!

Banjoneck.png

Regards, Leander

------------------------------
Work: Autodesk Inventor 2010
Home: Autodesk Inventor 2013
Message 3 of 5
stone.preston
in reply to: Leanderjk

yes that is exactly what I wanted!! thank you so much

Message 4 of 5
stone.preston
in reply to: Leanderjk

although I am having a little bit of trouble following exactly what you did. I see that you drew the profile of the neck in the xy plane so that you could see the shape of the heel and everything. Then you extruded that. Then you used the sketch that I posted of the top view of the neck and extruded that. But how did you remove the excess material that was created in the first extrusion. Since the first extrusion of the xy profile created the right profile of the neck but it was rectangular if you look at it from the top. However, using the sketch I posted you saw that it isnt rectangular. it starts skinny at the top, then curves on the bottom side after 5.5 inches and widens out. So how did you shape that part?

Message 5 of 5

nevermind I got it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report