Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing projects in project editor

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
sheriff12
552 Views, 8 Replies

missing projects in project editor

I downloaded Inventor 2014. My O/S is Windows 7 Ultimate. In the projects folder there is supposed to be Projects called iLogic 2011 Samples, iLogic 2011 Tutorials, iLogic 2012 Samples, Railing iLogic Sample Advanced, and Railing iLogic Sample Base. None of these PROJECTS show up in my projects editor. Do I have to completely uninstall and reinstall Inventor 2014 to get these projects to hopefully load?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: sheriff12

@sheriff12 wrote:

...is supposed to be Projects called.... Do I have to completely uninstall and reinstall Inventor 2014 to get these projects to hopefully load?

Where are you getting this information?  Are you expecting these projects to be installed with 2014?
Are they project you had with a previous install?  If so, what if you go to Projects and Browse to their locations?

I have no idea how an uninstall/reinstall would be related to this issue.

More information is needed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
sheriff12

I assumed these projects were supposed to be included with the initial download. The rerason i thought this is in the tutorials, in the section, Examine a project it shows all of these projects listed in the project editor. Also, a number of the tutorials start with setting the project to one of these projects to access the proper files. I looked for instructions on how to get these projects installed, but was unable to find any. Do I have to manually install these projects from another source or are they something I have to create? Sorry for sounding ignorant, but I am just confused about this. I just started trying to learn Inventor 2014 and I am at a loss. Any information you can give me or a direction in which to proceed will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Just one other thing. It says in the Examine a project tutorial and I quote "When you install Autodesk Inventor, it creates a DEFAULT project, an iLogic SAMPLES project, and a tutorial_files project automatically".

Message 4 of 9
JDMather

It sounds like you are referring to 2011 Tutorials, when of course you should be referring to 2014 Tutorials.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/enu?adskContextId=HELP_TUTORIALS&language=ENU&release=2014&product=Inve...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
JDMather

@sheriff12 wrote:

...It says in the Examine a project tutorial and I quote "When you install Autodesk Inventor, it creates a DEFAULT project, an iLogic SAMPLES project, and a tutorial_files project automatically".

Where are you getting this information?
Post screen shot and/or url.

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
sheriff12
in reply to: JDMather

This is in the Inventor 2014 tutorials in the WiKi help at the very beginning.
Message 7 of 9
JDMather

OK, after searching for myself - I found the exact page I was asking you to reference - here is the url I was asking you to post

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2014/Help/0082-Tutorial82/0083-Inventor83/0101-Projects101...

That screen capture is from old release. At the very very beginning did you download and install the 2014 Tutorial files (following the instructions) http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=21952055

As you continue working through the Tutorials - it would be helpful for you to supply exact url and screen capture images when appropriate along with your questions.

These files used to be included with the install in earlier releases and are now a separate download as indicated at the beginning of the Tutorials.

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
sheriff12

I give up. I downloaded everything properly including the tutorial files. Thanks for your time.

Message 9 of 9
JDMather

The projects will not show up automatically - you will have to Browse to them.

Might not be the same as earlier releases.

Exactly which Project are you trying to use?

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report