Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrating style and templates

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
stephenson513
1396 Views, 6 Replies

migrating style and templates

hi there

Where would I find a tutorial on how to export or migrate my sheet metal styles and templates from 2014 to 2015?

Ive never done it before.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: stephenson513

Loads of tutorials around..first one I came across.

http://www.inventortales.com/2013/04/migrating-styles-to-autodesk-inventor.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
stephenson513
in reply to: mcgyvr

cant seem to do what he has done.

style library 1 is where 2014 stores the styles and style library 2 is where 2015 stores the styles?

I have made a bunch of sheet metal styles but they all showing as blue and the option to migrate is greyed out.

If I was to make a copy of the 2014 design data folder, do I literally just copy that folder to a new location and make my style library 1 search for that location?

also, under style library 2 it says read only. I changed the "default " project in 2015 to read-write under styles and libraries. 

Im just not sure how to do this now.

Message 4 of 7

still have not come to any success

I have managed to be able to hit the migrate button but only after changing the " lighting.xml" to a different name. Once the migrate has completed, it says it completed successfully, then I am supposed to move the custom styles from one side to the other but its just not possible. Both my default projects in 2014 and 2015 are set to read write. I dont know what to do next. Been searching the web and cant even find other videos except the jonothan landeros one.

in the styles library manager there is still a " read only " note under style library 2.

Please can someone help.

Message 5 of 7

i also tried changing the style library #2 " lighting.xml" to a different name and that changed the read only section to " some style collections require migration. Not all can be migrated. verify read/write status. Migrate before editing "

I clicked migrate. it did it successfully but i still cant move things from left to right!!!!!!

Message 6 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: stephenson513

You don't have to move things..

I just installed 2015 the other day and this is all I did..

Open style library manager.. 

In the Style library 1 section I navigated to the style library.

Then press Migrate.. when it says done then close that program and open Inventor.

Then I open all my template files and save them.. This will migrate them.

Thats it. 

Fairly sure you don't have to do anything for the appearance/material libraries.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 7
stephenson513
in reply to: mcgyvr

so from what I might understand now.....inventor 2015 must be the last version open, then style library one will be from 2014 and then when migrated is clicked, it will load all those styles to 2015.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report