Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrate files from Inventor 2009 to Inventor 2013

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
swordmaster
464 Views, 2 Replies

migrate files from Inventor 2009 to Inventor 2013

Hi,

Doing some testing migrating a simple part from Inventor 2009 to Inventor 2013.

I migrated the file using task scheduler, everything went smoothly.

When i open the newly migrated file In 2013 I get a message that the appearances need to be migrated and do i want to do this now.

Question is there a step i missed in Task scheduler that would migrate the appearances?

I have thousands of files to migrate and do not want to have to migrate the appearances (and maybe materialls?) manually

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: swordmaster

Starting with IV2013, Materials and Apperances has changed from previous versions. IV0214 is the same as IV2013 with respect to materials and Apperances. You will need to migrage your custom material.

The two have now been split into Materials which contain the physical properties such as density and other physical properties used with FEA. Apperance is just that, how the item looks. You can have a part with Steel as it's Material and have an apperance of Red or Chrome

This should help: http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/ 

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
swordmaster
in reply to: swordmaster

Thanks Blair, that helps a great deal.

After posting my query I also found a nice 40 page document discussing how to migrate styles to appearances and materials.

Looks like i will be doing some reading on this subject!

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report