Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

materials issues

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jordan2ivanov
291 Views, 6 Replies

materials issues

Hi to everyone,

Can you help me solving this problem?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mpatchus
in reply to: jordan2ivanov

In your styles, create a copy of the color you are using called something like "xxxx-90", and rotate the bitmap 90 degrees.

Then select the faces and apply a color override using the 90 degree style.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 7
jordan2ivanov
in reply to: mpatchus

Thanks

It helps me

Message 4 of 7
CAG_DRAFT

Any reason you have suggested a new material style as opposed to face specific appearance adjustments?

(Oh, you still have Inventor 2012...)

In 2013 (and newer I'm guessing) There is the 'Adjust' tool, located to the right of the 'Appearances' dropdown menu.

it can simply rotate the appearance on a per face basis, (can also change scale and tint)

Message 5 of 7
jordan2ivanov
in reply to: CAG_DRAFT

I noticed that new version of Inventor has better material editor but my PC is not that powerful for it.

And yes, I forgot to mention that my version is 2012 🙂

Message 6 of 7
mpatchus
in reply to: CAG_DRAFT

Yeah 2012 doesn't have the adjusting capabilities that are in the newer versions.

I've done quite a bit of woodworking in Inventor and have typically made three color styles for each type of wood we use.

Normal, Rotated and End Grain

End Grain obviously uses a different bitmap image.

We've had some pretty good results with them using Studio.

I'll see if I can dig up some of the renders we've done and post a couple.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 7 of 7
jordan2ivanov

I installed Inventor 2014 this morning but still can't solve the problem.

I problem appears with the rounded parts. They aren't a whole piece. It's made from small squares (not me the program made them like this) and each one of them has own texture (by default) I tried to adjust the size of the texture, but ..the result wasn't good at all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report