Inventor General

Valued Contributor
Beauand
Message 1 of 2 (189 Views)

make a coil bend instead of straight

189 Views, 1 Replies
09-08-2011 06:55 AM

I have been trying to bend a coil into a circle but i have no answer.  I made the coil fine and i have posted on here for help but no luck.  I was wondering if anybody else had any ideas?

*Expert Elite*
Message 2 of 2 (179 Views)

Re: make a coil bend instead of straight

09-08-2011 10:22 AM in reply to: Beauand

Here's another example where I actually used the bend command on a coil.  Like I mentioned before, it yields an object that has an inconsistent cross-section.  There is also an issue with bending it in a complete circle (360 degrees).

I believe the file is 2010 format.  Drag the End of Part marker down below all features to see how I created this part.

-cwhetten

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube