Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

key Additions?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
krisd
369 Views, 11 Replies

key Additions?

Hi I have Inventor Proffessional 2013 on my PC at home; all working fine until recently. Now when I open up it says 'can't find key Additions' several times and the content centre won't log on. Any ideas anyone please?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
mdavis22569
in reply to: krisd

can you post a screen shot

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
cbenner

Has anything changed on the computer recently?  Have you installed or deleted any software?  All service packs and updates... up to date?  All drivers up to date?  And, can you post the specs of your computer?  The word key makes me wonder if it's a registry thing.

Message 4 of 12
krisd
in reply to: cbenner

Well you won't believe it but I just opened Inventor to reply to both of you and lo and behold the Content Centre started fine.

BUT whilst on the subject can anyone tell me where to get more library files of other components and how to install them please?

Message 5 of 12
cbenner

Glad to hear it's working again, like someone on these forums often say: Sometimes all you need is a good old fashioned reboot.  🙂

As far other models and libraries, you can check out cbliss.com for a variety of Inventor models, and the new big one is Grabcad.com.  They have thousands of user vcreated and shared models in a variety of CAD formats.  It all depnds on what you're looking for.  Sometimes it's actually quicker to create your own content by modeling iparts and publishing them.  Google is also a good place to start if neither of these sites has what you need.

Good luck!

Message 6 of 12
mrattray

mcmaster.com has just about anything that can be bought...
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 8 of 12
mdavis22569
in reply to: cbenner

Same here ... Cbliss and McMaster Carr

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
rdyson
in reply to: mdavis22569

http://www.centuryspring.com/
The configurator provides a step file in the deflected state you specify, IMS.

PDSU 2016
Message 10 of 12
krisd
in reply to: rdyson

Thanks guys I'll have a look. I doknow of Grabcad. My Inventor is the college version with limited component libraries; I was mostly looking to download the full multi-variant component libraries and and similar that may not be included on standard setups?

Message 11 of 12
krisd
in reply to: rdyson

Confused?

Message 12 of 12
mrattray

@krisd wrote:

...My Inventor is the college version with limited component libraries...

I never heard of such a thing (that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, I don't work in the education sector). It sounds like perhaps the content center libraries you require were not installed (they're check box options in the installer program). Is it possible for you to reinstall Inventor and make sure that all applicable content center libraries are installed?

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report