Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a link for 2014 remote content like this one

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ampster401
824 Views, 8 Replies

is there a link for 2014 remote content like this one

Link to something currently unmentionable (for some people) titled "Autodesk Inventor 2015 Remote Content Libraries";

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-in...

Info there states you can use remote and desktop content - I am curious if this remote content can out right replace desktop content without using Vault?

I'm OK with waiting for an answer  😉

TIA

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi ampster,

In 2014 you could copy (or move) the desktop CC libraries to the network location and then change the Tools tab > Application Options button > Content Center tab > Inventor Desktop Content path to the network location. We've been doing that here for the last 4 years or so and have not had any issues.  That's not to say that others havn't had issues, but it be worth trying to see if that would work for you.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 9

Hi Curtis,

Starting with 2013, we have begun hosting the Desktop CC library on the network like you suggested, which to some degree works OK for those clients that are local, ie on-site.  It is the clients that are in another state attempting to access that which are experiencing such long wait times which makes this unacceptable/unusable.

I've been advised to not recommend to clients to download all the .idcl files onto their system from that location due to how much it may tie up the network, at least one client took that suggestion and understood what I was trying to say and solved his own problem!

So I'm looking for a method, link or something I can give to clients and say "go here and download the CC files, locate them in such and such location and you'll be on your way" - all the while attempting to not go against the EULA or what ever it is that Autodesk states the CC cannot be deployed.

We currently deploy Inventor without the CC included - although I have read just this morning that is one possibility...however I bet the limiting factor is some sort of file size limitation that is in place with the Prism software that is used to deploy CAD apps to everybody, I'll have to check on that.

Thanks again Curtis

Message 4 of 9
blair
in reply to: ampster401

I've been playing with Adobe's Creative Cloud, comes with their new CC Software. It gives 20gb on online cloud storage and the app sync's to all your desktops specific directory. As you work and update files and add files, it sync's all machines that are logged in to that account. Basically every machine end up with the same files on their desk. Even better, If I make a change to the software in terms of settings and customization at work, when I get home the settings are updated on it as well. (sorry ADSK).

Capture1.JPG

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 9
ampster401
in reply to: blair

Nice suggestion Blair! If not Adobe's cloud there are many others which might work for this situation. And since the CC is not proprietary to the company I am providing support for it might be easier to convince them to try this.

Message 6 of 9
blair

Since it comes with Adobe's subscription for the CC6 products which we use for art work and brochures/parts catalogues it saves me having to remember to copy/transfer files.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 9
ampster401

slightly off-topic...

I was recently provided a new company laptop.  After getting it all setup with the Adesk software, I noticed there's three different cloud enabled features or options that were made available!  A couple of them I've already disabled but for the time being I'm allowing Adesk360 to continue making it's presence known in the tray.

But this topic does seem ideal for a cloud storage setup - depending on access speed results of course.

Message 8 of 9
blair

The ADSK 360 is limited in the files it will auto-sync. No native IV files, it will Sync (put up to the cloud for storage and sharing) DWG files. Showcase will auto-store renders (output) to the 360 Cloud. It allows you to share by either sending e-mails with the link to download the file and a few options in that sense. Nothing that will automatically sync files across a number of desks.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 9
ampster401

Tks for confirming that Blair - as to whether Adesk 360 could possibly work.

I wasn't thinking of using Adesk 360 at all!  I like your suggestion about using perhaps Adobe's cloud storage - however I feel I should not accept your post as the solution quite yet.  I don't have time currently to look into this, but even if I can come up with a possible way to use a cloud storage server, I'll also have to get past the companies current policy of not using one.

If I find this can possibly work, then I'll come back and accept your post as solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report