Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipart ucs visible in assembly

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dexterdweller
804 Views, 6 Replies

ipart ucs visible in assembly

I know how to get the "work features" to show up in the assembly however, I would like to to be able to utilize the UCS if possible. When I try to use the iPart Author to select the Work Features the UCS doesn't show up. Can this be done?

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: dexterdweller

You mean xyz axis and origin planes right?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
dexterdweller
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

You mean xyz axis and origin planes right?

Kind of; I am wanting to get the actual UCS and its reference plains, axis etc to be visible within the assembly.

I want to have the iPart with the UCS (with mulitple variations) which I can use in the same assembly and constrain other parts down to each variations UCS. I have done a similar assembly but I used muliple plains, axis etc and set up iMates and it worked pretty well. However, I want to try this and see if it would be easier and a little cleaner.

I have done this before in Solid Works... and it was a real simple way to create a quick clean sketch driven assembly. The UCS triads on the parts will all constrain right together and align by picking the two origins out of the tree etc... (given the different parts are modeled with the proper orientation) I will be glad to post pics parts etc if you need them.

Thanks,

Mike

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
dexterdweller
in reply to: mcgyvr

Constraint Set / (Type) UCS to UCS, this is what I want to do. But I can't get the UCS to be visible on the iParts within the assembly.
Message 5 of 7

I have the same problem.

Message 6 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: william.pick

Hi! Unfortunately, iPart does not yet support UCS. You will need to create multiple workplanes to represent a UCS. You can also create iMates on the workplanes in the iPart. Then use iMate workflows to snap the iPart to the desirable location.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 7
gilsdorf_e
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I created an Ideastation entry, because I'm also interested in UCS in iParts.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/ucs-in-iparts/idi-p/8782977

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums