Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor reference

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dfishburn
264 Views, 4 Replies

inventor reference

Can anyone recommend a good reference book for Inventor? I have several books that are tutorials, but if I have trouble with a step there is no further information. The help menu often says something that does not correlate with what happens in the program; i.e. "Do A and B will occur." When I do A, C occurs (or nothing happens).
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jiml
in reply to: dfishburn

This place is the best book out. what may we help you with
Message 3 of 5
dfishburn

I am just now learning (r4) and need simple things that aren't covered adequately in the help menu. Example: The help pages refers to the Create View button, Drawing Manager Toolbar, and Custom View button. I can't find any of these and they do not show up in the help index. I have already found a dozen examples like this.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hover over each button and it will provide a tool
tip giving the button name.  I also believe that in the help they list each
icon and give it's name..

--
Sean Dotson, PE

href="http://www.sdotson.com">http://www.sdotson.com

...sleep is for the
weak..
-----------------------------------------

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I
am just now learning (r4) and need simple things that aren't covered
adequately in the help menu. Example: The help pages refers to the Create View
button, Drawing Manager Toolbar, and Custom View button. I can't find any of
these and they do not show up in the help index. I have already found a dozen
examples like this.
Message 5 of 5
dfishburn

There are pictures of these mystery buttons in the help pages, but I can't find them on any of the toolbars. I have also done as you suggest and waited for the tooltip to be sure that the help didn't have the wrong picture. No luck. That is why I am hoping to find a good reference manual for Inventor (even if it is for a later version it would probably help). I always have a couple of reference books at hand for AutoCAD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report