Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor crashing when inserting from vault,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Sean
282 Views, 4 Replies

inventor crashing when inserting from vault,

Hi all

i got a good one, just installed 2013 and vault upgrades,  and all WAS fine until we found a issue.  If i trying opening a MODEL (ASSEM OR PART) from the vault server, (not locally), it will work....yeah.....NOW if i do the same thing BUT browser down 3 sub folders, it will crash....fo example,  if i browse to ....\Railpower Projects\New Nomenclature\HARDWARE CATALOG\CATALOG B\B007.  choose any part...poof.. good bye inventor.  This happens at any folder at 3 levels deep...with any part or assembly.  we have do this with about 100+ senerios - different parts - different assemblies. the only thing constant is after going 3 folders deep (or more) it will crash - thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Are_42
in reply to: Sean

Have you tried to create a new project file?

Message 3 of 5
Sean
in reply to: Are_42

we tried just tried it, no luck.  We have a ticket in, but nothing yet

Message 4 of 5
Sean
in reply to: Are_42

We just tried it, nada. we hoped that even though the old had been migrated it would work from scratch. But it didn't. thanks for the suggestion Sean
Message 5 of 5
chrisrodway
in reply to: Sean

Have you installed the vault service pack from dec 2012, that solved alot of problems for me

Hope that might solve your crashing problem

Thanks

Chris

Design Engineer

Sheffield UK

Cheers

Chris Rodway
Design Engineer
Sheffield, UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report