Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ilogic rectangular pattern

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Arrush80_
688 Views, 2 Replies

ilogic rectangular pattern

Hi,

I am looking to create a pattern for 2, 3 and sometimes 4 individual parts. Let's call them part A B C and D. The pattern will have equal spacing between each part and will always follow the same order, ABCDABCDABCD the problem is, I may not always have an even number of instances. I can for example need 10 instances of the parts total so the pattern will be missing two parts from a standard pattern ABCDABCDAB. I am trying to figure out how to write this so I can select a number of instances even or odd and have ilogic figure out what the pattern number for each needs to be.

I could use if statments, but I need the pattern adjustable from 2 to 50 instances, with the ability to select how many individual parts are present, wheter it is AB only, ABC, or ABCD.

Example patterns with 2 parts and 7-10 total instances

ABABABA (7)

ABABABAB (8)

ABABABABA (9)

ABABABABABA (10)

Example patterns with 3 parts and 8-11 total instances

ABCABCAB (8)

ABCABCABC (9)

ABCABCABCA (10)

ABCABCABCAB (11)

Example patterns with 4 parts and 8-13 total instances

ABCDABCD (8)

ABCDABCDA (9)

ABCDABCDAB (10)

ABCDABCDABC (11)

ABCDABCDABCD (12)

ABCDABCDABCDA (13)

Any help would be appriciated.

Below if just a pattern with two individual parts alternating, but like I said I would like to specify the total number of parts and have ilogic determine which pattern will need to have instances added or removed.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
4donwan4
in reply to: Arrush80_

You might want to post this here? From the standard install I am not sure anything can be offered.

Inventor customization Forum

Regards,

Don

Message 3 of 3
Arrush80_
in reply to: 4donwan4

Thanks for the suggestion, posted in the correct forum and got the answer I was looking for.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-Customization/ilogic-rectangular-pattern/m-p/5152166#M50837

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report