Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ilogic not displaying parameter code properly!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tikawawa
445 Views, 4 Replies

ilogic not displaying parameter code properly!

Hi All,

I was working with ilogic, Adding a new rule and all of a sudden I got an error and when I double click on a parameter to add it to the code, the format changed.

It used to look like this when I added a parameter: Parameter("vertical seperation:1", "partitionthickness"
but now when I double click on a parameter I get this: vertical seperation.ipt.partitionthickness 

Also when I right click on a parameter and select display current state, It does the same thing, for some reason the code does not display like it used to.

Could anyone please tell me what is wrong, I got an error when this first happened and I tried reproduce the error again but it did not appear again. This affected all my parts and even in different projects.

I re installed inventor because I thought there might be a file link broken but it did not fix it. 

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MegaJerk
in reply to: tikawawa

If I am in a drawing rule, and point to an assembly that is being used in a view rep, and then a part in that assembly (in the rule model browser), then double click on a parameter there, I get the formatting of: 

Parameter("PartName-00.ipt.ParameterName")

Though it seems to work fine I have only seen this type of formatting while in a drawing document. I cannot recreate this behavior whilst inside of a typical Inventor assembly. 

Could you give us some more details on the situation / Inventor environment in which you are seeing this type of iLogic formatting? Also, did you get an error when you clicked on the parameter, an error when you tried to compile the code, or are you just considering that type of formatting as an error? 

If my solution worked or helped you out, please don't forget to hit the kudos button 🙂
iLogicCode Injector: goo.gl/uTT1IB

GitHub
Message 3 of 5
tikawawa
in reply to: MegaJerk

I am in a typical assembly environment and trying to link parts of the assembly to update when I modify the main assembly user parameters.

This is how I reached to the problem. I am in the assembly enivronment with several parts. I clicked on the add rule button under the manage tab. The rule name window pops up. I chose any name and clicked ok. Then the edit rule window pops. I expand any part within the assembly and select Model Parameters and double click one of the parameters. And that is when I get this formatting 

vertical seperation.ipt.Distfromcenter

I used to get formatting that looked like this

Parameter("vertical seperation:1", "Distfromcenter")

there is the difference, It also affected the formatting when I right clicked on a parameter and selected Capture current state. 

There is no error when I complied the code and it seems to work fine. I am just considering the type of formatting as an error since, it changed to this type of formatting on it's own. I did not change anything. Also the training dvds that I bought also display the same type of formatting I used to get. Is there a default formatting type that ilogic displays when a parameter is doubled clicked? Did I change it by mistake?

I did try replicate it in the drawing environment and it worked fine and displayed the same formatting you showed.

Thanks so much for the help. 

Message 4 of 5
MegaJerk
in reply to: tikawawa

Well I figured your problem out, and learned something on the way there. While inside of the rule editor, go to the Options tab near the top. Look for the checkbox (Use component names) in the Parameter Capture Syntax group, and make sure that it is checked. That should change the behavior back to the way that you’re used to.

Keen! 

If my solution worked or helped you out, please don't forget to hit the kudos button 🙂
iLogicCode Injector: goo.gl/uTT1IB

GitHub
Message 5 of 5
tikawawa
in reply to: MegaJerk

That fixed it, Thank you so much for you help Smiley Happy 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums