Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idw paper colour

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
egghead
997 Views, 7 Replies

idw paper colour

i have an idw with a black drawing background, i want to change this to a different colour but cant seem to find where to do this, could someone point me in the right direction to do this.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
machiel.veldkamp
in reply to: egghead

Can you post a screencap of this?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Attached is a screen shot of what i mean, i want to change the black area to a different colour.

Message 4 of 8
sam_m

To change the sheet colour:

"Tools" ribbon -> "Document Settings" -> "Sheet" Tab -> "Sheet" button

sheet1.jpg

*edit*

just realized you might have some fun with this...

If you have a black sheet then I'm guessing all your styles are in something like white or yellow (ie a light colour) to be visible against the black.  If you change the sheet to a white/beige then you may well be drawing white on beige, which might not be massively helpful.  May have to go into Styles Editor to change all your layers to something dark("Manage" ribbon -> "Styles Editor" -> "Layers" and then click one to display the colour tabs)...

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 5 of 8
egghead

just what i was looking for great.

Message 6 of 8
sam_m

does that mean it's a solution? Smiley Wink

Sam M.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 7 of 8
egghead

yes worked a treat just what i was after, i know what you mean about the text etc on the background.

i only wanted to change it while i made some changes to the border and then i will be changing it back to the original colour.

many thanks for your help with this matter.

Message 8 of 8
sam_m

I was more suggesting to mark the reply as an approved solution, if you find it to be one Smiley Embarassed

It adds the green tick to the title so if anyone in the future with a similar problem searches the forum, they can tell just from the title that there is a possible solution inside (without needing to open and read every search result).

Sam M.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report