Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.idw does not attempt to resolve links

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
matt.coward
530 Views, 9 Replies

.idw does not attempt to resolve links

Wondering if anyone can help

I am working on Inventor 12, previously Inventor 10 and recently (approx 4 months ago while I was still on Inventor 10), all of a sudden, if I tried to open a drawing where components had been deleted for example, it would not try and resolve the links, just straight crash the program.

Is anyone having or heard of a similar problem? My computer is on a network if that helps.

Thanks

Matt

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Nvidia Quadro 2000
8Gb RAM
2 x Quad Core Intel i7 2600 CPU @ 3.4GHz
Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
SBix26
in reply to: matt.coward

Does this happen with any drawing, or one in particular? Please post computer/OS specs.

(Note: using shortened names for Inventor versions can be confusing, because Autodesk changed names from actual version numbers to fiscal years in 2007; there was an Inventor 10 about four years before Inventor 2010 (version 14)).

Message 3 of 10
karthur1

Vault, Single user.... or what?

Message 4 of 10
blair
in reply to: karthur1

Always much better to open the IAM first and resolve links there, than in a IDW / drawing file.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 10
matt.coward

Sorry i meant opening a .iam wont resolve the links and its only recently started doing it.

Nvidia Quadro 2000

8Gb RAM

2 x Quad Core Intel i7 2600 CPU @ 304GHz

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nvidia Quadro 2000
8Gb RAM
Message 6 of 10
matt.coward
in reply to: karthur1

Single user on the this computer but the program is used across the company via licenses. No vault.

Nvidia Quadro 2000
8Gb RAM
Message 7 of 10
matt.coward
in reply to: blair

It does it to both, it crashes the .iam if i try to open that too.

Nvidia Quadro 2000
8Gb RAM
Message 8 of 10
matt.coward

*3.4GHz

Nvidia Quadro 2000
8Gb RAM
Message 9 of 10
SBix26

Is it only one specific assembly that has this problem, or does it happen to any assembly with missing components?

Message 10 of 10
matt.coward
in reply to: SBix26

It does it to any assembly. I know this seems to have baffled a few people! Im beginning to this its something to do with the servers and not Inventor.

Nvidia Quadro 2000
8Gb RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report