Valued Contributor
floccipier
Message 1 of 4 (699 Views)
Accepted Solution

idw Template

699 Views, 3 Replies
05-16-2012 04:20 AM

Hi All,

I was trying to make new .idw (inventor) templates based on .dwg (autocad) templates. For some reason the type face Simplex is not showing correctly on screen and on print outs. I have checked on various machines and result was same.

is simplex not compatible??

Please advise.

Regards,

Sajid Mahmood

*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 2 of 4 (693 Views)

Re: idw Template

05-16-2012 05:15 AM in reply to: floccipier

Use Arial or other similar font.. Simplex worked great in the Autocad days of pen plotters,etc.. but does not work well with Inventor..

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Down with IDW/DWG files..... Long live 3D PMI... Hurry it up already..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM

*Expert Elite*
sam_m
Message 3 of 4 (687 Views)

05-16-2012 05:56 AM in reply to: floccipier

Inventor and AutoCAD use different fonts - AutoCAD uses SHX (i think) and Inventor uses Window's native TTF fonts.  So, it's best to change over to a different font with Inventor.   Also, as a tip, it's probably best to start a brand new idw template and create it within Inventor instead of importing an old AutoCAD dwg border as it can often have a load of extra lines/points/rubbish/etc which will only be a greater overhead in cpu and file-size as you go on.

----------
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
but please understand that the solution may not be the answer you're wanting to hear...

If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love :smileyvery-happy:

Lithium - helping nntp users with mania, depression and headaches
Valued Contributor
floccipier
Message 4 of 4 (654 Views)

05-21-2012 11:37 PM in reply to: sam_m

Thanks alot for your help guys.

I need some more help regarding templates.

Sadly I have to convert drawings from idw to dwg quite alot and every time when i get drawing from inventor to autocad I have to fix the layers as per my autocad template (conventional layers that are turned on/off in certain layouts to show the certain details). What is better and easiest way to do this?

Any helping coments/links will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Sajid Mahmood

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube