Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iassembly material color problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mwyorns
319 Views, 4 Replies

iassembly material color problem

I have an iassembly made up of 3 iparts.  The iassembly and the iparts each only have 2 instances - one blue, one black.  I created 2 custom materials to apply the color.  The iparts behave properly when I open them individually.  Activate the blue instance and it turns blue.  Same with black.  However, only one of the iparts works properly in the iassembly.  Two of the iparts will only show as blue even if black is activated.  The strange thing is that one of the iparts works correctly.  I would think that they either would all work or all not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

IV 2011 Simulation SP2 64 bit
Windows 7 64 bit
Dell Precision M6500 8gb
NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800M 1gb
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
karthur1
in reply to: mwyorns

view representation in the iassembly

Message 3 of 5
mwyorns

I will have to read up on view reps.  Is that a work around?  Or standard practice?

With using the iparts, the different part numbers are pulled through and automatically populate the boms.  Do you use the iparts in addition to view reps?  So use the view reps to overide, or correct, the display?

Thanks.

IV 2011 Simulation SP2 64 bit
Windows 7 64 bit
Dell Precision M6500 8gb
NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800M 1gb
Message 4 of 5
karthur1

I was thinking that you could enable a particular VR when a certian member was selected in the iassembly.  That doesnt seem to be the case.  The only thing I could find in the iassembly table to do with VRs was on the exlusion tab (not real sure why you would ever want to "Exclude/Include" a view rep).  Enable / Disable seems more appropriate.

the different iparts in your iassembly have different colors.. i.e., for instance, one is blue, one is black and one is yellow?  If that is the case, then selecting the proper instance in the iassembly should show the proper color.

I put together a quick iassembly just to see what happens when you apply different materials to the parts.  It works over here.

http://screencast.com/t/7PnEtIjj5wF

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I don't know if you fixed this or not, but I had the same issue in INV 2010, until service pack 3 came out.

That fixed it. I know you're in INV 2011, maybe service pack 3?

I know INV 2012 has this same problem, I tried to tell someone, but nobody is listening...

P.S. The one iassembly that was working correctly, was the last one you had active, weather it was blue or black.

I went through the same thing with steel and copper.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report