Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iParts parts numbers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
2grumpy
316 Views, 3 Replies

iParts parts numbers

in iParts factory I would like to create part ## by setting common name and adding to it different values drawn from part parameters.

Please refer to attached image – common name in that example would be “DRILL” and description of the diameter and length automatically taken from parameters in columns “DRILL_D” & “INSERT_L”.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: 2grumpy

@2grumpy wrote:

in iParts factory I would like to create part ## by setting common name and adding to it different values drawn from part parameters.

Please refer to attached image – common name in that example would be “DRILL” and description of the diameter and length automatically taken from parameters in columns “DRILL_D” & “INSERT_L”.

Try this in your Part Number column:

=Drill-<drill_D>-<insert_L>

The dashes can be substituted with whatever you want, spaces or other characters.  Hard to test this without having your ipart to play with but this should point you in the right direction at least.  Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
2grumpy
in reply to: cbenner

Smiley Frustrated Thanks for advise but unfortunately it does not work unless I am not doing it the right way. I did try it by setting in in 'option' and editing in spreadsheet. I have attached the file so...

Cheers.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
inchul.lee
in reply to: 2grumpy

Hi 2grumpy,

How about utilizing an iLogic rule to update Part Numbers? Here's something off the top of my head:

Dim string1 As String
Dim string2 As String
Dim string3 As String

string1 = d0
string2 = d12
string3 = "DRILL " + string1 + " x " + string2

iProperties.Value("Project", "Part Number")=String3

pic01.png

Inchul Lee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums