Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic part snap to sketch for walkways

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Archimeades
678 Views, 2 Replies

iLogic part snap to sketch for walkways

Hi,

The company I'm working for is moving toward standardising all plant designs.  iLogic appears to be the best way for rapidly producing assemblies that keep to a standard. 

• My new task is to automate the adding of walkways (including hand rails) to large plants.  My idea is that walkways would be added to the plant similar to how frame generator works.  The draftsman would draw a sketch on a plane around the structure.  He would then run a form (That looks like the frame generator form).He would select the lines, a rule would capture the length of that line, pattern the standard walkway along the line until the line intersection, add a corner walkway, and then pattern the straight walkways again.

1) I do not know the ilogic code in order to 'get' a length from the lines that the user selects.

2) how does one constrain the center line of a part to a sketch line.  

• The second idea I had to create the walkway is (without a sketch), was to have a form that has a dropdown list of all the standard walkway pieces.  The form would work almost like adding a bolted connection to an assembly (e.g. bolt, washer, nut, washer, nut).  The draftsman would for instance,  choose an straight 800mm part, a 1200mm part, a corner(left), a 1200mm part.  Each walkway assembly piece, would then be added to the main assembly in the correct order and constrained.  

Is any of this possible?  Any form of direction would be greatly appreciated.  BTW, is there any book with all the inventor iLogic code, function and uses?  I have found myself pouring though so many forums and picking up bits and pieces, but no actual instruction.  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Archimeades
in reply to: Archimeades

It appears there is no easy way or need for it? 

I need the ilogic code in order to 'get' a length from the lines that the user selects?

How does one place constraints with ilogic?

Any help would be appreciated

Message 3 of 3
Archimeades
in reply to: Archimeades

I'd like to add that I have already created several ilogic assemblies for inserting stairs and bracings into assemblies and has cut inventor modeling time by more than half. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report