Inventor General

Message 1 of 5 (134 Views)

iLogic help

134 Views, 4 Replies
01-08-2013 07:00 AM

So I'm having an issue with suppressing components when the conditions vary. I have some wedges and the the configuration and quantity varys based on the parameter selected. I can have one wedge per pocket, two wedges per pocket, and so on. The pockets also vary. There may be 2, 3, 4, or 5 pockets with either 1, 2, or 4 wedges each. I'm not sure the best way to suppress them when the conditions change. I currently have enough wedges for each variaton, but when parameters change some seem to stay active. Any suggestions. I may not have this set up the best way, or I may just need a bunch more rules, but I'll take any suggestions! Files are attached.

Distinguished Mentor
swordmaster
Message 2 of 5 (122 Views)

Re: iLogic help

01-08-2013 01:16 PM in reply to: daulj

What version of inventor are you using?

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Message 3 of 5 (102 Views)

01-15-2013 06:07 PM in reply to: swordmaster
I'm using Inventor 2013, but I actually found a way to get it to work properly. It was a pain in the ****, though. I had to call out every wedge and every scenario. There has to be a better way then the way I figured out. Below is a sample of the 2900 lines of code I wrote: If stake_pocket_configuration = "two_stakes_two_wedges" And number_of_stake_pockets = "5" Then Component.IsActive("wedge2-2_a1") = True Constraint.IsActive("Mate:23") = True Constraint.IsActive("Mate:24") = True Constraint.IsActive("Mate:25") = True Component.IsActive("wedge2-2_a2") = True Constraint.IsActive("Mate:26") = True Constraint.IsActive("Mate:27") = True Constraint.IsActive("Mate:28") = True Component.IsActive("wedge2-2_a3") = True Constraint.IsActive("Mate:29") = True Constraint.IsActive("Mate:30") = True Constraint.IsActive("Mate:31") = True This goes on for "two stakes two wedges" And 4 pockets, then 3 pockets, then 2 etc. Then there's also two stakes and one wedge with all the same combinations...it took FOREVER! Any recommendations would be appreciated! -Justin
Distinguished Mentor
pcrawley
Message 4 of 5 (100 Views)

01-15-2013 07:16 PM in reply to: daulj

I think there may be a much neater solution - but you'll need to post all the files for someone to have a look.  The 3 files you have attached don't make up the whole assembly.

From the little I can see, you would be better off creating an assembly pattern of stakes and wedges, then controlling the number in the pattern through your iLogic rules.  

I could be wrong - I just can't see the whole model.

Peter
Mentor
MegaJerk
Message 5 of 5 (88 Views)

01-16-2013 05:26 AM in reply to: pcrawley

^^^ Agreed.

Post files, and despite that I can not use them (2012), if you also post pictures (and even code!) I'm sure we can all figure out a better way to do it than massive sheets of ilogic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, -
as it increases my power levels and will eventually help to elevate me towards outer space.

Check out my iLogic injection tool here : http://goo.gl/ce1Qg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube