Inventor General

*Expert Elite*
mrattray
Message 21 of 24 (157 Views)

Re: iLogic - VESSEL

10-22-2012 06:22 AM in reply to: swordmaster

swordmaster wrote:

Should make no difference Inventor will still handle the BOM status automatically

It does make a difference. When you manually suppress or unsuppress a part (via RMB) it does not effect the BOM status. When you suppress/unsuppress a part using IsActive from iLogic then Inventor does update the BOM status.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Distinguished Mentor
swordmaster
Message 22 of 24 (155 Views)

10-22-2012 06:30 AM in reply to: mrattray

I stand corrected!

Thats why i use ilogic to toggle suppression states

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Contributor
projektant
Message 23 of 24 (144 Views)

10-22-2012 09:02 AM in reply to: projektant

Parameter("Part7.ipt", "aaa") = 10

I had to add extension and capital letter, now it's OK

I noticed one thing, i do not have to export parameter to read/write it from assembly file, so what's the goal of using exported parameters? I see exported parameters in custom properties, anything else ?

thanks
marcinsoo

*Expert Elite*
mrattray
Message 24 of 24 (140 Views)

10-22-2012 09:31 AM in reply to: projektant

The only purpose for exporting parameters is to put them into your custom properties or for deriving. They don't have anything to do with iLogic.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube