Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic - VESSEL

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
projektant
2491 Views, 23 Replies

iLogic - VESSEL

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
TONELLAL
in reply to: projektant

Very impressive... For a beginning, in a very more simple way, you can use iLogic : see joined file, iLogic form.

Perhaps you can contact MrCutTools ?

Message 3 of 24
jletcher

Yes but there is no way I will try to teach this in a forum. Way to much to explain how to. But it is VB and ilogic working together.. More than likely it took him weeks maybe months to do all he has.. I am working on one simular to his but for conveyors.

Message 4 of 24
TONELLAL
in reply to: jletcher

Effectively... I think it is more a programmer work than an Inventor user work !

It is not necessarily iLogic and VB, I even think it is easier in VB (or .NET or C#), in particular to create forms and control values.

Message 5 of 24
projektant

In Your solution we have to design all parts and then enable/disable using forms.

I tried that way, but in 'complicated' vessel it works very slow 😕 (many nozzles, many flanges, cones etc.)

In MrCutTools way - he's doing everything on the fly 🙂

Message 6 of 24
jletcher

Don't understand what you are trying to say here.

But MrCutTools made his programming and ilogic than made the video.

But he had to make every part also. He just has it all tied in real good.

Message 7 of 24
TONELLAL
in reply to: jletcher

I think MrCutTool is really a programmer, and more an Inventor user... My solution is a very more basic one, I created it in 1 hour to test if something could be done. The big difference with MrCutTool is effectively I use a "template part", then I suppress/modify it, when he create on the fly. The idea was to create, for example, 10 nozzles, supposing you need maximum 10 nozzles on your bottles. Then you can very easily modify diameter, length, angle,etc by iLogic.

The common point in the 2 methods is you do not use Content Center parts : dimensions are in the program. If you create a real assembly using CC parts, this mean you can easily add a new nozzle type or a new dimension, or you can replace a nozzle by another one, instead of modifying or recreating the existing one. But programming this is VERY more complicated...

Message 8 of 24
jletcher
in reply to: TONELLAL

I am at a lost who you are talking to?

I know ilogic (little) I know vb (a lot)

All I was letting him know that I was working on one just like his but for conveyor systems. I have it about 60% done.

But to explain how would take days..

Message 9 of 24
romu51
in reply to: TONELLAL

Thanks for that sample TONELLAL.

i would like to do something very similar but within an assembly rather than an ipart.

is it much more dificult with assemblies?

Message 10 of 24
TONELLAL
in reply to: romu51

In a part, all is controlled by the part. When you modify the part, you only modify a dimension, or a function, always in the same part. In an assembly, you have to use constraints. When you replace a part, you have to rebuild constraints : find which face/edge to use in the constraint on each part, create the constraint. This is much more complex. What you can do : on my example, you can see several bodies, corresponding to several parts. Once you have your ipt, you convert bodies to parts using Manage > Create components. You obtain an iam containing parts, each one corresponding to a body. So you have several parts (to create dwg, define properties, have a BOM,...), but your iam is controlled by the original ipt file.

Message 11 of 24
projektant

Hello

I made skeleton of my vessel in ipt file which contain : shell, elliptical ends and a number of nozzles. It's controlled by parameters and forms (not yet)  in ipt file.
Then i created components -  send all parts to assembly file, and now in assembly file i'd like to add etc. flanges to all nozzles. I changed Level of Detail, and suppressed few of them, everything seems to work OK - suppressed parts in BOM was changed automatically by Inventor to REFERENCE.

It's too complicated to do all flanges in skeleton file.

The problem is when i want to UNSUPPRESS using ilogic off course, Inventor does not change reference state to normal state, so i have to do it manually.It has to be changed to normal state, because i can't see it in the drawing (dwg file)

Is there any way to do it automatically using iLogic or VB?

Best,

Marcin

Message 12 of 24
swordmaster

I have not read all the posts in this thread, but let me comment on your last entry. Regarding "reference" and "normal" BOM  status

If you have a assembly with a custom Level of detail (i always name mine ilogic) and suppress/unsuppress sub-components within the assembly using ilogic rules (Component.Active) then Inventor will automatically update the BOM status 

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Message 13 of 24
projektant
in reply to: swordmaster

Thank's a lot !

I suppressed using iLogic rule, but unsuppressed manually... 😕

Message 14 of 24
projektant

I've got crytical error when running iLoigic rule in Part7.iam (Rule0), I want to change parameter in Part7.ipt from assembly file.  (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))

Any idea???

Message 15 of 24
swordmaster

Should make no difference Inventor will still handle the BOM status automatically

Message 16 of 24
swordmaster

what Inventor version?

can you post the rule code which gives the error

Message 17 of 24
projektant

Inventor 2013 sp 1.1 64bit

Parameter("Solid1_1:1", "aaa") = 100

Error in rule: Rule0, in document: Part7.iam

Katastrofalny błąd. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))

Message 18 of 24
swordmaster

When the ilogic error interface opens, click on the details tab, and post the message here

Message 19 of 24
projektant
in reply to: swordmaster

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8000FFFF): Katastrofalny błąd. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))
   at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)
   at Inventor.Parameter.set_Expression(String )
   at iLogic.ParamDynamicFinder.SetParamValue(Parameter param, Object value, Boolean doUpdate)
   at LmiRuleScript.Main()
   at Autodesk.iLogic.Exec.AppDomExec.ExecRuleInAssembly(Assembly assem)
   at iLogic.RuleEvalContainer.ExecRuleEval(String execRule)

Message 20 of 24
swordmaster

the problem lies here

Parameter("Solid1_1:1", "aaa") = 100

you say in a previous post that you want to change a parameter in part7.ipt

to do this the code needs to read

Parameter("part7", "aaa") = 100

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report