iLogic - VESSEL

546 Views, 23 Replies
10-02-2012 11:11 PM
Distinguished Contributor
TONELLAL
Message 2 of 24 (522 Views)

Re: iLogic - VESSEL

10-03-2012 05:39 AM in reply to: projektant

Very impressive... For a beginning, in a very more simple way, you can use iLogic : see joined file, iLogic form.

Perhaps you can contact MrCutTools ?

*Pro
jletcher
Message 3 of 24 (508 Views)

10-03-2012 07:10 AM in reply to: projektant

Yes but there is no way I will try to teach this in a forum. Way to much to explain how to. But it is VB and ilogic working together.. More than likely it took him weeks maybe months to do all he has.. I am working on one simular to his but for conveyors.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

James Letcher
2012 Factory Design Suite ( will not load 2013)
What happen to my Inventor :-(
TONELLAL
Message 4 of 24 (497 Views)

10-03-2012 07:26 AM in reply to: jletcher

Effectively... I think it is more a programmer work than an Inventor user work !

It is not necessarily iLogic and VB, I even think it is easier in VB (or .NET or C#), in particular to create forms and control values.

Contributor
projektant
Message 5 of 24 (484 Views)

10-03-2012 08:47 AM in reply to: projektant

In Your solution we have to design all parts and then enable/disable using forms.

I tried that way, but in 'complicated' vessel it works very slow :/ (many nozzles, many flanges, cones etc.)

In MrCutTools way - he's doing everything on the fly :smileyhappy:

*Pro
jletcher
Message 6 of 24 (476 Views)

10-03-2012 08:56 AM in reply to: projektant

Don't understand what you are trying to say here.

But MrCutTools made his programming and ilogic than made the video.

But he had to make every part also. He just has it all tied in real good.

James Letcher
TONELLAL
Message 7 of 24 (467 Views)

10-03-2012 09:24 AM in reply to: jletcher

I think MrCutTool is really a programmer, and more an Inventor user... My solution is a very more basic one, I created it in 1 hour to test if something could be done. The big difference with MrCutTool is effectively I use a "template part", then I suppress/modify it, when he create on the fly. The idea was to create, for example, 10 nozzles, supposing you need maximum 10 nozzles on your bottles. Then you can very easily modify diameter, length, angle,etc by iLogic.

The common point in the 2 methods is you do not use Content Center parts : dimensions are in the program. If you create a real assembly using CC parts, this mean you can easily add a new nozzle type or a new dimension, or you can replace a nozzle by another one, instead of modifying or recreating the existing one. But programming this is VERY more complicated...

*Pro
jletcher
Message 8 of 24 (462 Views)

10-03-2012 09:30 AM in reply to: TONELLAL

I am at a lost who you are talking to?

I know ilogic (little) I know vb (a lot)

All I was letting him know that I was working on one just like his but for conveyor systems. I have it about 60% done.

But to explain how would take days..

James Letcher
romu51
Message 9 of 24 (440 Views)

10-03-2012 01:27 PM in reply to: TONELLAL

Thanks for that sample TONELLAL.

i would like to do something very similar but within an assembly rather than an ipart.

is it much more dificult with assemblies?

TONELLAL
Message 10 of 24 (410 Views)

10-04-2012 02:11 AM in reply to: romu51

In a part, all is controlled by the part. When you modify the part, you only modify a dimension, or a function, always in the same part. In an assembly, you have to use constraints. When you replace a part, you have to rebuild constraints : find which face/edge to use in the constraint on each part, create the constraint. This is much more complex. What you can do : on my example, you can see several bodies, corresponding to several parts. Once you have your ipt, you convert bodies to parts using Manage > Create components. You obtain an iam containing parts, each one corresponding to a body. So you have several parts (to create dwg, define properties, have a BOM,...), but your iam is controlled by the original ipt file.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube