Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic - Suppressed element varies

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Josy05
280 Views, 4 Replies

iLogic - Suppressed element varies

Hi,

My situation is: A part with one hole at each end, the distances from edges nerver change. I also have a hole pattern in between for which the spacing (multi-value parameter) can vary. The length of the part too can vary.

1) For now I created a pattern with a big number of occurences, therefore some of the holes are outside the part. Is their a code that could actually create a pattern between the two end holes?

2) I'm also trying to find if it's possible thru iLogic to suppress an element, If the last occurence is too close to the actual last hole it should be suppressed. In my scenario where the sketch calls for a large number of holes, the occurence to be suppressed varies. But if I could contain the pattern between two references it would always be the last position. Unfortunately the last also depends on the length of the part.

I all of this possible and how can I acheive this?

Thanks,

Josee Laplante
BIM Drafting Technician

AutoCAD 2016
Inventor Professional 2016
Vault Professional 2016
Revit 2014
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mrattray
in reply to: Josy05

I think your doing too much work. If you post the part, I think I can give you a non-iLogic solution that will fill all of your listed needs.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 5
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi  Josy05,

Along the lines of what mrattray suggests, here are 3 example parts that I pulled from the Mastering Inventor book, which use Parameter formulas to create variable hole patterns and not iLogic. They might not be exactly what you're looking for, but should demonstrate how to set up variable patterns. Just change the length of the first extrusion in each file, and you'll see the patterns update. Each of these 3 are set up slightly different to get a different result.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 5
Josy05
in reply to: mrattray

Hello Mike,

See attached an example, it conatains only the basic features.

I didn't know if you needed a pack-n-go file because normally all our parts are skeleton driven. I made a special one just for this purpose.

Regards,

Josee Laplante
BIM Drafting Technician

AutoCAD 2016
Vault Professional 2016
Revit 2014
Message 5 of 5
Josy05

Thanks Curtis,

With your example I was able to create an adaptive pattern that answers 95% of my needs.

The only issue remaining is preventing interference, I need a minimum of 1" between the last two holes.

Can you tell me where I could find such information.

Regards,

Josee Laplante
BIM Drafting Technician

AutoCAD 2016
Vault Professional 2016
Revit 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report