Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MikeRid
292 Views, 3 Replies

iLogic Question

Is there a way to cross populate data from the iProperies fields using iLogic or another method?

I would like to have fields from the Project tab to cross populate with items I have created in the custom field. 

Inventor 2013 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
VdVeek
in reply to: MikeRid

In iLogic you can use this rule:

This rule will fill the Stock Number propertie from the Project tab with the value from Articlenr from the custom tab.

iProperties.Value("Project", "Stock Number")=iProperties.Value("Custom", "Articlenr")

For different properties use the naming that's show in the propertie tabs.

Hope this helps you.

Rob.

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.
Message 3 of 4
jtylerbc
in reply to: MikeRid

What VdVeek suggested will certainly work - however, depending on exactly what you're doing, you may not even need iLogic at all.

You can embed an iProperty value within another iProperty, and they will update with changes to the original.  This can be as simple as setting one property equal to another, or more complex, such as combining properties into a longer sequence.

You do this by writing it as an equation in the iProperty field, rather than just entering a text value.  Parameter names must be enclosed in < > brackets.  For example, let's say you want the Project field to combine the Part Number and Description fields.

In the Project field, you would type:

=<Part Number> <Description>

This combined field would then update automatically to any change to either the Part Number or Description properties.

Message 4 of 4
MikeRid
in reply to: jtylerbc

The formula in the iProperties field works great within Inventor. I also need to file to work with a third party program called Adept as well. That’s why I wanted to see if there was a way I could do this same thing without having to fill the field with the formula. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report