Inventor General

Active Contributor
LewisLusby
Message 1 of 4 (524 Views)
Accepted Solution

iLogic: Printing

524 Views, 3 Replies
12-12-2012 05:50 PM

I dont want to print directly from code but simply open the "print drawing" tab via iLogic

Any ideas,

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 2 of 4 (506 Views)

Re: iLogic: Printing

12-13-2012 07:35 AM in reply to: LewisLusby

Hi  LewisLusby,

You can use this line to programatically "push" the print button:

ThisApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions.Item("AppFilePrintCmd").Execute

Also just a tip: you might have better luck searching and asking questions of this type on the Inventor Customization forum:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Customization/bd-p/120

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Active Contributor
LewisLusby
Message 3 of 4 (479 Views)

12-16-2012 07:06 PM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Just what I was after.

Much appreciated Curtis,

Thanks

Active Contributor
ComputerGuru666
Message 4 of 4 (374 Views)

03-01-2013 05:48 AM in reply to: LewisLusby

Is there a way to catch this command before it executes?

Example: I want to use an iLogic form that is triggered via the iTrigger that users have to prompt to select what kind of print this is "RELEASE, REFERENCE, or DRAFT" once there selection is made the the form exits, the "Plot Stamp" in the title block is updated based on the selection and the print window is excuted with this command.

Now I have all this worked out but being that this isnt a perfect world the problem is users still sometimes click the print button which does not prompt them for the print type which is a problem. Which is why I am wondering if a user clicks the print button I can prompt the iLogic form before the print options window comes up?

Thank you

Computer Specs:
Windows 7 (64 Bit) Pro. SP1, Inventor 2014 Pro, 3D Connexion SpaceNavigator (Driver 3.15.2)
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme x79 Socket 2011
Processor: Intel Core i7 Six Core Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz OCed to 4.7GHz (Under Water)
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw Z-Series 32 gig quad channel of RAM 1800MHz OCed to 2133MHz
Video Card: 2x Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Running Six (6) Monitors)
Monitors: [Primary = 2x 24in HD WS][Secondary = 2x 22in HD WS][Tertiary = 2x 19in FS]
Primary Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex IV 256 GB Solid State Drive
Secondary Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex III 120 GB Solid State Drive

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube