Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Help? - Removing dead links so I can vault

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
791 Views, 4 Replies

iLogic Help? - Removing dead links so I can vault

I need some help. Long story short, since upgrading to 2014 from 2012, the custom textures we use kept us from being able to Vault for 3-4 months. I've finally figured out a work around, but now each project we've worked on in the meantime has a few dead links that won't allow us to Vault those parts. In each part, when I go to tools/links, there are about 6-8 referenced files listed, and I have to select each one, then break link, then I'm able to Vault the parts. Is there a way to use an add-in or iLogic script to automate deleting all these links in an assembly so we can get these done quickly? We've probably got 80 projects to Vault and each one might have 20-100 parts that will need the links removed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

THere was an issue for a bit ... unfortunately I can't post a picture ..but read my post with a picture in it http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-General/Vault-2013-Rename-Error-quot-File-Reference-cannot-be-fi... There is a new Update reference option that give us a headache for a bit ..but when I updated each one it resolved it

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
mdavis22569
in reply to: mdavis22569

cancel that I was thinking of something else ...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
wayne.brill

Hi Nelson,

I believe you could use the Inventor API ReferencedOLEFileDescriptors property of the Document and the delete method of the ReferencedOLEFileDescriptor object to do what you need. If you could provide a small assembly that I could use to test I could create a VBA example. (if you want to keep it private upload the assembly files to the case)

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 5 of 5
wayne.brill

Hi Nelson,

I created this blog post with an example that deletes the links in the parts in the assembly you sent me:

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2014/04/remove-missing-ole-links-using-referencedolefile...

Be sure to back up your files before trying it. (It saves the files that have links removed).

Open the assembly and load the RemoveOLELinks.ivb. (load project in Inventor VBA) Run AssemblyCount_updated() to remove the links.

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report