Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic FileNaming

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mbrunette
352 Views, 3 Replies

iLogic FileNaming

I am struggling with filenaming.

We are implementing the vault and do not want to have to rename each file with design copy.

Does anyone know of a way where the filename of a part will change according to either assembly pararmenters or iProperties?

Another idea/question I had would be involving a rule that would rename each ipt within an assembly by giving at a suffix/prefix once the assembly is completed. Does anyone have a code similar to that?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Lance127
in reply to: mbrunette

Why all the renaming? is there a reason why the files aren't created with the correct names?

Lance W.
Inventor Pro 2013 (PDS Ultimate)
Vault Pro 2013
Windows 7 64
Xeon 2.4 Ghz 12GB
Message 3 of 4
mbrunette
in reply to: Lance127

We are trying to use the place iLogic component command for faster assembly.

The place iLogic component just places a -01, -02, etc upon each placement of the file.

Currently, the assembly that the part is placed into changes the part number of the file, but the filename is still the previous filename with the increment added on the end.

We have a 3 digit assembly number and a 6 digit job number that I would like to add to the filename of part file while still using place iLogic component. Is this possible?

Message 4 of 4
Lance127
in reply to: mbrunette

There maybe some custom stuff out there to do it but right now I don't think you can out of the box.

The easiest way I can think of the rename everything would be with vault.

Lance W.
Inventor Pro 2013 (PDS Ultimate)
Vault Pro 2013
Windows 7 64
Xeon 2.4 Ghz 12GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report