Inventor General

Distinguished Contributor
Message 1 of 5 (984 Views)

iLogic Content Center Replace Nuts

984 Views, 4 Replies
06-07-2012 07:05 AM

I have the example working which will replace Bolts:

ref: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Changing-C-C-component-Automation/td-p/2736623 

but swapping the code to replace nuts is giving me grief. How do you identify the content center paths?

ie I have tried:

replacer.Replace("nut:1", "Fasteners:Nuts:Hex", "ISO 8675 - M30 x 2DIN EN")
replacer.Replace("nut:1", "Fasteners:Nuts:Hex", "ISO 8675 - M30 x 2") 
replacer.Replace("nut:1", "Fasteners:Nuts:Hex ", "DIN EN 28675 M30 x 2")

ilogic_cc.PNGilogic_cc_nuts.PNG

Thanks MES
Distinguished Contributor
Message 2 of 5 (956 Views)

Re: iLogic Content Center Replace Nuts

06-14-2012 04:21 AM in reply to: MarkESmith

I now have this working  - but have failed at the next step - swapping out from a custom content center.

Possible?

Employee
Message 3 of 5 (944 Views)

06-15-2012 02:22 PM in reply to: MarkESmith

Mark,

I posted a reply at http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Changing-C-C-component-Automation/m-p/3378327, but it sounds like you're past that point.

The code should work on a custom CC library.  Can you provide some details about the family annd member names in the custom library?  
 Although it's a custom library, are you using the parts as standard (the designer cannot modify an individual part file after he has placed it from the CC)?

Mike Deck
Software Developer
DLS - Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.

Active Contributor
Message 4 of 5 (750 Views)

12-20-2012 10:23 AM in reply to: MarkESmith

I try to do a similar replace from content center but I keep getting an error that content center family is not found.

I have read all related posts and tried many things, im out of ideas.

I might do something entirely wrong or I might just have a small typo, but the result is still the same error.

Any help would be great. See attachment

Thanks in advance,

Arnold

Active Contributor
Message 5 of 5 (728 Views)

12-21-2012 01:39 AM in reply to: MarkESmith

Seems to be nothing more then a typo.

What I did was to add the nut in the content center to favorites. This way you can right click and rename it.

Use this to copy the foldernames and the partname so you dont have any chance of a typo. Though I didnt see any typo, it works now.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube