Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Content Center Replace Nuts

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
MarkESmith
3219 Views, 4 Replies

iLogic Content Center Replace Nuts

I have the example working which will replace Bolts:

ref: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Changing-C-C-component-Automation/td-p/2736623 

but swapping the code to replace nuts is giving me grief. How do you identify the content center paths?

ie I have tried:

replacer.Replace("nut:1", "Fasteners:Nuts:Hex", "ISO 8675 - M30 x 2DIN EN")
replacer.Replace("nut:1", "Fasteners:Nuts:Hex", "ISO 8675 - M30 x 2") 
replacer.Replace("nut:1", "Fasteners:Nuts:Hex ", "DIN EN 28675 M30 x 2")

ilogic_cc.PNGilogic_cc_nuts.PNG

Thanks MES
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MarkESmith
in reply to: MarkESmith

I now have this working  - but have failed at the next step - swapping out from a custom content center.

Possible?

Message 3 of 5
MjDeck

Mark,

I posted a reply at http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Changing-C-C-component-Automation/m-p/3378327, but it sounds like you're past that point.

The code should work on a custom CC library.  Can you provide some details about the family annd member names in the custom library?  
 Although it's a custom library, are you using the parts as standard (the designer cannot modify an individual part file after he has placed it from the CC)?

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 5
Arnold82

I try to do a similar replace from content center but I keep getting an error that content center family is not found.

I have read all related posts and tried many things, im out of ideas.

I might do something entirely wrong or I might just have a small typo, but the result is still the same error.

Any help would be great. See attachment

Thanks in advance,

Arnold

Message 5 of 5
Arnold82

Seems to be nothing more then a typo.

What I did was to add the nut in the content center to favorites. This way you can right click and rename it.

Use this to copy the foldernames and the partname so you dont have any chance of a typo. Though I didnt see any typo, it works now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report