Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iAssembly / Parts List not Filtering/Updating

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jeanchile
420 Views, 7 Replies

iAssembly / Parts List not Filtering/Updating

This is going to be a total shot in the dark here I apologize. I can't post the files of the iParts/iAssemblies and I can't seem to reproduce the issue with a smaller assembly.

Here's the issue:

I have an employee who created an iAssembly using iParts and the table replace function. When he places a parts list in a ".dwg"  it lists every single member in the table instead of automatically filtering for the iAssembly being placed. We need it to automatically update/filter for whichever assembly is chosen in the drawing.

iAssemblies that I have created in the past work fine and I don't remember doing anything special. Anyone have any ideas on where I can look to help him out?

Thanks for your time.

Inventor Professional
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jeanchile
in reply to: jeanchile

Anyone have any ideas by chance on this? We aren't getting anywhere with the options we've tried (new drawing, revising the table, etc.).

Inventor Professional
Message 3 of 8
mcgyvr

Try this.. Open the iassembly. Go to manage..rebuild all. Then save, then regenerate the members again then save.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 8
jeanchile
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thank you mcgyver. Unfortunately this didn't help though. Anything else you (or anyone else) can think of by chance?

Inventor Professional
Message 5 of 8

Hi jeanchile, 

This is just a thought (I haven't tested to see if it has any merit), but is it possible that an iPart and/or iAssembly factory (as opposed to it's members) has been placed into an assembly?

Technically doing so is not even possible, but I have caused myself great confusion in the past by placing a part into an assembly, and then converting it into an iPart factory. Resulting in the factory being used in the assembly rather than one of the members as intended.

I'm not sure that I would expect it to produce the results you describe, but I suppose it's something to rule out as part of the trouble-shooting process.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 6 of 8

Thank you Curtis. Unfortunately that wasn't the issue either. I had high hopes for this given that the workflow used to create this assembly (so I'm told anyway) would lend it to this being a likely scenario.

As it turns out it was related to the quantity we use in our parts list. Inventor gives us Four different quantities to use, Unit Quantity, Base Quantity, Item Quantity, and Total Qty. We made a change in our parts lists since the last time we used an iAssembly from using the Total Quantity to the Item Quantity. It would appear that iAssemblies needs the Total Quantity in order to properly filter the parts list. Once we added the "QTY" property from the parts list colum chooser it started automatically hiding the zero quantity items like it should.

The issue is that when we use FG, the Base QTY/Unit QTY is always set to use the Base Unit which is inches (in our case) and we can't get that to change in our custom CC to each (which is what we need). This is the reason we use the item quantity in our parts lists because we need the total number of pieces, not the total length.

So now the question is: How do we get our custom CC to change it's base unit to each so we can change our parts list style to use the Total Qty property and have it give us the number of pieces? That way our parts list style will work for all of our designs (frame generator AND iAssemblies).

I am thankful there are so many IV Geniuses on this forum and I appreciate your time immensely!

Inventor Professional
Message 7 of 8
jeanchile

Ya' know... Maybe you guys know of a way to alter this function so that it makes the items invisible based off of the Item Qty not the Total Qty??

iAssemblyPartsListPic.png

Inventor Professional
Message 8 of 8
jeanchile

Anyone here know if this is possible by chance? Perhaps someone from AD?

Inventor Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report