Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iAssemblies and Parts List Only option in B.O.M.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
zma1013
1565 Views, 5 Replies

iAssemblies and Parts List Only option in B.O.M.

So I've got an iAssembly and I made a drawing and I want to show all the parts.  I have read in other threads that it will not let you show a Parts Only list from an iAssembly.  Is there any kind of workaround to this?  Why do iAssemblies not let you do this?  Seems like a bit of an oversight to me but I'm sure there's some technical reason.

IV2012

Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 @ 2.13 GHz
Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI 256MB Vram
2 GB Ram
160GB HDD
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pauldoubet
in reply to: zma1013

If you place an iAssembly into an iam file you will be able to select a 'Parts Only' style parts list in your drawing of the iam file you inserted the iAssembly into. If you are attempting to do this using the iAssembly iam file you will not be able to select a 'Parts Only' Style. It is a bit confusing but you can do a Parts Only style parts list.

Paul

Message 3 of 6
zma1013

Thanks for the answer, that works.  I will say though, that's really kind of stupid that it works like that.

IV2012

Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 @ 2.13 GHz
Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI 256MB Vram
2 GB Ram
160GB HDD
Message 4 of 6
pauldoubet

If you ever try to do a large iAssembly you will understand why this "feature" exists. It will bring your computer to its knees when it starts trying to process every possible iPart in the iAssembly table.

Paul

Message 5 of 6
rhasell
in reply to: pauldoubet

Thank you,

I might actually start using i-parts and i-assemblies now, this was the only thing keeping me from using them.It does meen that I have to double-up on the assemblies for detailing, but the pleasure of i-assemblies and i-parts outweighs the inconvenience.

Reg.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 6 of 6
lkrenzler
in reply to: rhasell

Thanks guys!  That indeed was the issue.  The assembly didn't need to be an iAssembly, it just ended up that way for some unknown reason.  I very new to Inventor so this help is much appreciated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventor Pro 2019 - Win. 10 - GeForce GTX 1080 .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report