Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i assembly - accessing part parameters

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
floccipier
429 Views, 5 Replies

i assembly - accessing part parameters

Hi all,

How we can access the part parameters after hitting create i assembly. do I need to make i parts first and then bring them to an assembly and make an i assembly?? Please advise,

Regards,

Sajid Mahmood

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jon.Dean
in reply to: floccipier

You need to link to an external spreadsheet that contains all your parameters.

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 3 of 6
floccipier

I have tried doing that but thing is in assembly my part parameters don't show up. How i can access/link to part paraneters in assembly. please help.

Regards,
Sajid
Message 4 of 6
Jon.Dean

If you have linked to a spreadsheet in the parameters function and you can see the parameters listed, then you can add them to your iAssembly columns.

Jon

Jon Dean

Message 5 of 6
floccipier
in reply to: Jon.Dean

HI Jon,

I have successfully linked part parameters to the excel sheet but i don't know how to link/control assembly parameters. I would really appreciate if you can elaborate the method a bit more. Even any helping page/video link will be highly appreciated. 

Thanks alot

Regards,

SAjid Mahmood

Message 6 of 6
Jon.Dean

Thinking about it Logically, I don't think the spreadsheet method is the way forward; you can create a Multi-Value List in the parameter table but you cannot create a Multi-Value List in the spreadsheet, there would always be a conflict.

Jon.

Jon Dean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report