Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to view inventor file on ipad?

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
skyngu
13208 Views, 14 Replies

how to view inventor file on ipad?

hi,

is it possible to view idw file on ipad? unless i print idw to pdf file?

thanks advance.

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
mflayler
in reply to: skyngu

If you have Inventor Publisher (seperate product from Inventor Professional) you can publish right to the web and then access it with with Inventor Publisher App.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 15
DarrenP
in reply to: mflayler

unless there is a 3rd party app for the ipad that can read idws i doubt there is

you are going to have to do what mark said above

which is buy inventor publisher

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 15
mcgyvr
in reply to: DarrenP

Is there a remote desktop app for the ipad?? That would work.. I've done it with my android smartphone

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 15
DarrenP
in reply to: mcgyvr

i use teamviewer which is free for non commericial use

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous

do a search for iphone on this forum.  I cant remember but dwfx may be an option if your hooked into the net.  dwfs can also be embedded into powerpoint but not sure how this works with apple.

I tried the trial version of publisher and was amazed how smooth it was on on my iphone, then i checked out the priceSmiley Surprised

IMHO inventor should be able to have some of the functionality nativly or they should release a decent app to do it.  Autodesk have been very slow to react to the apple explosion because they are not "comfortable" with the license agreements.

Message 7 of 15
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

you can also try Autocad WS which is free

DarrenP

Message 8 of 15
jdits7

In the latest release of AutoCAD WS, it will view Inventor DWG files. Save your .idw file to a Inventor.dwg file and download the AutoCAD WS app from the App Store-it is FREE. Also follow the instruction on the website. AutoCAD WS

jdits7
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional
Blog - http://www.inventortopix.com
Twitter - @InventorTopixJD
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: jdits7

I'd have to say that I'm pretty disappointed that I can't open inventor files on the Ipad.  It would be an incredible tool to showcase models for clients and would add a lot of extra zip to a presentation.

I hope that Autodesk comes up with a way to make this happen that doesn't require the purchase of publisher.  I tried posting this on the "wish list" but that doesn't seem to be functioning.

The Ipad app is incredibly slickI  Until then I'll give the WS a whirl.

Cheers,

Matt Brown

Message 10 of 15
Anonymous

I got WS to work but it is only 2d and very limited.  I will continue to hold out hope that Inventor will be able to get files onto the ipad in iam.

Message 11 of 15
mflayler

Inventor files can be too bloated for the viewing on an iDevice.  However, DWF is not available with Buzzsaw or Streamline app for iDevices so you can view DWF files of the Inventor models.  That is the closest that this will probabley ever get to see Inventor files on an iDevice other than using the Publisher (which is by far the best way and priced very cheaply compared to its competition).

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

There is autodesk 360
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

This is for the Idw otherwise if you save it as an stl and send it to yourself then there is an app called meshlab
Message 14 of 15
mrattray

I don't think 360 was available in 2011 when the last post in this thread was made.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 15 of 15
Anonymous

THERE IS AN APP FOR THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A360 - Review and Markup 2D & 3D CAD models

OPENS .ipt Files and many more!!!

Spoiler

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report