Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make a flat of this part??

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jainildesai
558 Views, 4 Replies

how to make a flat of this part??

I Am trying to make a flat of this attached part. The dimensions are correct for the part but I am trying to make it such a way that I can form it using a die with a press break. I tried many different ways but inventor dosent seem to allow me to create a lofted flance using a 3-D profile sketch. any ideas on how o get this part modeled as a sheet metal and have a right flat opattern?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jletcher
in reply to: jainildesai

can you post a picture have not Loaded 2013

Message 3 of 5
blair

You might be able to get this to work using the "Rolled" function within the Sheet-Metal portion of Inventor. You won't be able to get it to work using the 3D Sketch and Sweep.

I really think that this is outside the scope of the Sheet-Metal module in Inventor

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 5
Mark_Wigan

ie, if the part relies upon the deformation of steel (as usually happens for complex shapes that are not split, formed and re-welded) then it cant be calculated by conventional means.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 5 of 5
M.Peppel

Hi Jain,

for parts like this you need a special set of tools to unfold them. There are several out there as to name the first three on my mind:

FTI Forming Suite

3DQuickpress

Logopress 3

Regards

Matthias

Nihil Ex Nihilo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report