Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to inventor 2014 ipt open with inventor 2012?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
ygzylmz
647 Views, 11 Replies

how to inventor 2014 ipt open with inventor 2012?

hello,

I am using inventor 2012 so I couldn't open inventor 2014 files. I got these files at lynda.com, they're its exercises files. I'm astudent but unfortunately I can't install inventor 2014 because my pc's operating system is windows vista. please help me. I have got a student license.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
mdavis22569
in reply to: ygzylmz

you'll have to step or sat them out ... or some over from of file to translate them down ... then use feature recognize app that Autodesk has. You can try posting them here and maybe someone can do this for you

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
ygzylmz
in reply to: mdavis22569

thanks a lot for your offer but Is there a another solution? for instance, can i solve my problem by installing a patch? I may not upload the files because they're too much.

Message 4 of 12
mdavis22569

If you are downloading Inventor 2014 direct files NO ...if you were downloading step or sat files from the site there may be a work around.

Autodesk doesn't allow newer version parts/assemblies etc to open in older outdated versions of their products.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
ygzylmz
in reply to: mdavis22569

Message 6 of 12
mrattray

Just for education's sake, this isn't a case of "AutoDesk doesn't allow it". All modern 3D software has this limitation, it's due to constant updates to the core modeling kernel.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 12
Paul-Mason

Whats stopping you from installing on a Windows vista OS, IV dose not check for the OS version just if your system is 32bit (x86) or 64bit (x64) in the files list. I know it says Windows 7 or later but that's just BS I had IV 2014 running on Vista 32bit until a few months ago, it WILL run but slower than you might be used to.

You will need ALL the Vista updates plus at least version of Dot.NET (.net) plus Windows KB948465 patch at least and possibly direct X 11.

The IV installer will fail and tell you why or what additional routines you need to install before IV 2104 will run

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 8 of 12
ygzylmz
in reply to: Paul-Mason

Hi, thanks for advice. I download inventor 2014 at http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/inventor-professional adress. there isn't inventor 2014's browser download at this website. while I was installing inventor 2014, I saw operating system unsupported textbox. I installed directx 11 as you say and I have already installed windows vista service pack 2. 

screenshot:unsupported.jpg

Message 9 of 12
mrattray

Do students have access to subscription center? You should be able to perform a browser download from there.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 10 of 12
ygzylmz
in reply to: mrattray

unfortunately, I don't access to subscription center. if I download inventor 2014 another adreess and I install it with my serial number , can I use it? thanks...
Message 11 of 12
mrattray

Yes.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 12 of 12
ygzylmz
in reply to: mrattray

I downloaded inventor 2014 with bittorrent but I while I was installing it, I saw the same textbox. unfortunately this solution didn't work too. however thanks for your suggestions. 

system requirements: http://autode.sk/1lgpfbq

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report