Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to hide hatches from certain areas?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
eng_khalid
607 Views, 7 Replies

how to hide hatches from certain areas?

I don't want inventor to cut through a rib for example when making sections...is that possible?
I'm using inventor 2008...
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
KenGundel
in reply to: eng_khalid

There is a "hide" option when you RMB on the hatch itself, but I'm not sure how to unhide. You could move the hatch to a different layer and just turn the layer off.
Message 3 of 8
dan_inv09

Rib feature on a part?

There are many things in your drafting textbook that you will have to forget about when you put down the pencil and start using any CAD program.
Message 4 of 8
JDMather

>There are many things in your drafting textbook that you will have to forget ....
This isn't one of them though. Another SoftWare can do it - I expect Inventor to do it. The work around is to hide the hatch and start a new sketch in the view. Project Geometry and select appropriate edges and sketch new connected edges. Hatch the new boundary. I would post an example, but the planets are aligned correctly to allow me to do that today.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I think that is giving up too easily. Another SW
package has included this in their latest release. It's all a matter of what
squeaky wheel gets oiled.

Currently in IV, you would need to add a view
sketch to add geometry to isolate the rib and manually recrreate the
hatch.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">Rib
feature on a part?

There are many things in your drafting textbook that
you will have to forget about when you put down the pencil and start using any
CAD program.
Message 6 of 8
egghead

can you not find the web in the browser and RMB on it and click 'none' to the section participation for the part you dont want to hatch/section.
Message 7 of 8
JDMather

>click 'none' to the section participation for the part you dont want to hatch/section.
I don't think that answers the question of how to section a part that has a rib feature and not hatch the rib as per ANSI/ASME standards.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
dan_inv09

This was discussed several years ago. Someone from Autodesk said they would put it on the list. I believe someone posted a bunch of pictures from the textbook with ribs or spokes or whatever "rotated" to the plane of the view and not crosshatched as examples of what should be possible. Just how well does this other SoftWare do it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report