Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to do a set drawing on inventor

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
hugolopessilva
674 Views, 20 Replies

how to do a set drawing on inventor

Hello All,

I have built a CAD geometry on Inventor, and I need to do a set drawing, with a ballon for each part of the object. the problem is, as I have build the model as only one, when I try to do a ballon, it selects the entire model. Is there any way that It is possible to do a custom selection of the lines that I want to assign a specific number on the ballon? Or how can I solve this problem?? I want to do a drawing like on the picture i´m attaching.

regards,

hugolopessilva

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
CCarreiras
in reply to: hugolopessilva

Hi!

Hugo, so much easy if you have each part isolated and mounted in one assembly.

Is Your part multi-solid parts,  each one part separated in solids?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 3 of 21
CCarreiras

Não estou a ver como se pode fazer de um modo automático. Terás de construir tudo manualmente.

Se quiseres, envia-me a peça e talvez dê para passar para uma assemblagem.

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 4 of 21
hugolopessilva
in reply to: CCarreiras

Hi , Thanks for the reply!!

I will do it in separated files and them assemble it. How can I do it?? After I create all parts, shall I create a new assembly and them open each individual part???

thanks,

Hugolopessilva

Message 5 of 21
blair

Our drawings system follows our ERP system. If we have a part number in the ERP system, we have a separate drawing for it in Inventor. Items that are built under the parent item and don't require a ERP part number are then detailed on/in the drawing for the main assembly. A good example would be Weldments, since the item can only be sold as a weldment, any pieces that are cut for the weldment don't have a ERP part number are then just detailed in the main assembly drawing.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 21
CCarreiras

Hi!

Open a new assembly file "Standard.iam" and then, use the "Place component" to place each part in the assembly.3.png

Use geometric Constrains to conect the parts between them.4.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 7 of 21
hugolopessilva
in reply to: CCarreiras

Hi,

Thanks for the reply

As I have multiple parts, I would like to know how can I:

-Rotate a part, so it is aligned with the other one
-align two parts, so they share an edge:

After the two parts are alligned, I shall define constraints. Nothing else is needed?
Message 8 of 21
blair

Drawing environment or modeling assembly environment?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 21
JDMather

@hugolopessilva wrote:

Hello All,

I have built a CAD geometry on Inventor.....I want to do a drawing like on the picture i´m attaching.

regards,

hugolopessilva

Can you attach the *.ipt file here?
Or create a simple dummy file that would exhibit the same behavior.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 10 of 21
hugolopessilva
in reply to: blair

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

It´s Modeling assembly environment
Message 11 of 21
hugolopessilva
in reply to: JDMather

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

Actually, I am unable to disclose the geometry. I´m sorry.
Message 12 of 21
blair

These are pretty basic items covered in introduction to Inventor. Bottom Up 1.) Create your parts 2.) Place your parts in a IAM file and use the Constraints/Joints to build your assembly 3.) Create a new drawing and place your Assembly and parts in it for dimensioning Top Down: 1.) Create your multi-body solid 2.) Push out your solids to create your basic parts and assembly 3.) Detail your parts with their individual minor features 4.) Create a new drawing(s) and place your assembly and parts for dimensioning Lots of great videos on YouTube.com on using Inventor and work flows

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 13 of 21
blair

These are pretty basic items covered in introduction to Inventor. Bottom Up 1.) Create your parts 2.) Place your parts in a IAM file and use the Constraints/Joints to build your assembly 3.) Create a new drawing and place your Assembly and parts in it for dimensioning Top Down: 1.) Create your multi-body solid 2.) Push out your solids to create your basic parts and assembly 3.) Detail your parts with their individual minor features 4.) Create a new drawing(s) and place your assembly and parts for dimensioning Lots of great videos on YouTube.com on using Inventor and work flows

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 14 of 21
JDMather

@hugolopessilva wrote:
Actually, I am unable to disclose the geometry. I´m sorry.

That is why my suggestion was to create a "dummy" file that doesn't include any proprietary information.

The process is pretty simple.

Create multi-body file.

Push out the parts and assembly.

Document the drawing.

Of course there is a bit more to it, but without a file do demonstrate.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 15 of 21

Hello all,

I´m facing a problem when i try to assemble my parts. I have a square beam (ex_2_2.ipt), and I want to constrain a plate on the edge (ex_2.ipt), as shown on (ex_2_3.ipt). How can I do that from two separated parts?? the rectangular beam, and the plate?? the .ipt files are attached.

regards,

HugoLopesSilva

Message 16 of 21
JDMather

Start a new *.iam (assembly) file.

Click Place and select the ex_2.ipt file.

Click Place again and select the ex_2_2.ipt file.

Save and attach the *.iam file here (we'll work through this step-by-step).

EESignature

Message 17 of 21
hugolopessilva

Thanks for the reply,

I have already opened the two files in a new assembly file .iam. I´m attaching the .iam file.  Please guide me through the next steps.

Thanks Mr. Mather,

Regards,

Hugo

Message 18 of 21
JDMather

1. Add a Mate constraint between a long face of the bar and large face of the plate.

2. Add a Mate-Flush constraint between an end face of the bar and end (edge) face of the plate.

3. Add a Mate-Flush constraint between perpendicualr face adjacent to 1. above on the bar and long edge face of the plate.

Post back your assembly if you have any trouble and I will illustrate with pictures.

EESignature

Message 19 of 21
hugolopessilva

Hi,

Thanks,

I can do it.

Many thanks,
regards,
Hugo
Message 20 of 21
JDMather

Post back with next problem for next step.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report