Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to check model in the ineventor

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ramkrish
969 Views, 8 Replies

how to check model in the ineventor

Hi,

if any easy method to check the model in the inventor.now i doing each feature i have to check the fully constrained or not.if any easy method. please share with me.

thank you,

ram

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Dan_Margulius
in reply to: ramkrish

Hi

Every feature is based on a sketch. Actually you are checking if your sketch is fully constrained. 

In 2013 Autodesk added a new icon to hekp you with that. 

help.jpg

Hope it helps

Dan

Message 3 of 9
mflayler2
in reply to: Dan_Margulius

There are some addins that do it as well for entire designs (check unconstrained sketches and more), but they are cost alternatives to manual checking.  If you are really interested, check out the Validus software from DMSI.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 4 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: Dan_Margulius

Dan,

I am glad to see this in 2013.  Being still on 2012 the only way currently is if the sketch turns black.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: Cadmanto

@Cadmanto wrote:

Dan,

I am glad to see this in 2013.  Being still on 2012 the only way currently is if the sketch turns black.

The color change depends on color scheme.

In 2012 (and several releases before that) it also tells you in the lower right corner of the screen if the sketch is fully constrained when in the sketching environment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 9
rdyson

Other ways:

Show degrees of freedom

Auto Dim

Status bar, lower right corner

But they aren't automatic checks, you gotta look!

PDSU 2016
Message 7 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: JDMather

JD,

I know the color is dependant on the color scheme.  I just have mine set to black.  I thought this was out of the box, but maybe not.

As far as you other point in regards to the lower right corner showing fully constrained, that must be a setting because mine shows nothing.

corner.JPG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 9
JDMather

@Cadmanto wrote:

As far as you other point in regards to the lower right corner showing fully constrained, that must be a setting because mine shows nothing.

This is what you should see (must be in an active sketch).
Notice that it is also showing the coordinates of my cursor (not of any use to me).

I think there is a setting somewhere, but out of the box it should show this info.

Fully Constrained..PNG

Ray's suggestion of showing DOF is an excellent suggestion - that is what I use when I'm trying to fix some else's work that I'm not familiar with.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 9 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: JDMather

JD,

I got it now.  I was not seeing what you showed me.  So I went to application>options and under the sketch tab I found this (that was originally unchecked.  Not sure why???).DOF.JPG

I checked it and now I can see what you are showing me.  Thank you for this heads up.

I will look into the DOF as well.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report