Inventor General

Distinguished Contributor
stevensf
Message 1 of 4 (154 Views)

how to attach text to a baloon

154 Views, 3 Replies
11-11-2003 10:44 PM
Can you attach text (qty or other info) to the side of a baloon or a point on the model view? If so can the qty update automatically?
Thanks
Fred
*Keller, Kent
Message 2 of 4 (154 Views)

Re: how to attach text to a baloon

11-12-2003 12:51 AM in reply to: stevensf
Make a sketched symbol and use the Symbols button on the bottom of the annotation panel.
Attach it with a leader to the balloon or part, and then rmb on it and delete leader.

Not sure about qty. When making the sketched symbol look through the options in when
placing a property field, but the quick look I took I didn't see anything. Also if there
is a way I am going to guess you would need to attach to the part and not the balloon.
--
Kent
Assistant Moderator
Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"stevensf" wrote in message news:f19c10a.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Can you attach text (qty or other info) to the side of a baloon or a point on the model
view? If so can the qty update automatically?
> Thanks
> Fred
Mentor
CAD-One
Message 3 of 4 (108 Views)

10-05-2012 08:48 AM in reply to: *Keller, Kent

Kent,

I dont understand the delete portion of your answer... May be after so many years.. this solution inst applicable.

Or may be there is a different way to attach text to a baloon. I need text to move with baloon to move with view.

I now baloon will, but the text stays :smileysad:

C1
Inventor Professional 2013
Vault Collaboration 2013
*Pro
jletcher
Message 4 of 4 (99 Views)

10-05-2012 09:13 AM in reply to: CAD-One

If you place your symbol in the view 1st then move the symbol to the balloon it will stay with the view..

I have been asking for balloon attach points from Inventor4 and look we still don't have it but yet we have a crappy Interface :smileyhappy:

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

James Letcher
2012 Factory Design Suite ( will not load 2013)
What happen to my Inventor :-(

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube