Inventor General

dustinr91
Message 1 of 2 (462 Views)
Accepted Solution

how do I link Inventor .ipt data with .dwg in autocad

462 Views, 1 Replies
10-04-2012 12:21 PM

Hi Everyone,

I understand how to link a 3D.dwg with a 2D.dwg, but what I'm having trouble with now is linking the data,

is there anyway to create a table and link data directly from the .ipt to the .dwg that would update when I edited or revised the .ipt. I know that you can do this by exporting the parameters in an excel file then importing them to the .dwg but once I do that there isn't anyway to auto update the data.... I'm not sure that this made a lot of since, but I’ve done everything I can think of to get this to work and I’m stumped. If you have any suggestions or know how to do this I would owe you big

Thanks,

Dustin P.

*Expert Elite*
harco
Message 2 of 2 (455 Views)

Re: how do I link Inventor .ipt data with .dwg in autocad

10-04-2012 01:36 PM in reply to: dustinr91

You can pull parameters into a text box by parameter name.

This will show the parameter value and update as the model updates.

Have a look at the help below

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2012/Help/0073-Autodesk73/0611-Drawings611/0633-Drawing_63...

+ Format text
   + Model, Drawing, and Custom Properties
       Add Text Parameter
   + Parameters
       Add parameter

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube