Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I copy colors of surfaces w/ mirror/array command?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jpblower
387 Views, 2 Replies

how do I copy colors of surfaces w/ mirror/array command?

I have an ipart I'd like to create w/ surfaces.  The surface color is important because we use that as plate thickness ID in FEA.  When I color a surface blue, then another red I continually get the default color when using the mirror or array command.  We're creating a customizeable ipart where there will be some intelligence surrounding how big the array (we may need 3, 4, or 5 beams based on the unit size).  I need a way that the colors on the surface propogate to the new surfaces created by the commands.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SteveMDennis
in reply to: jpblower

You are correct, we do not support this currently. It is certainly a known limitation that we have not implemented yet.

Can you search for this on Idea Station or create a new idea if one is not already there? Please give your example of how you would use it and what your expectations are.

We use Idea Station to gather a broad customer opinion and to prioritize our efforts in these smaller project areas.

Sorry for the limitation.

Steve Dennis
Sr. Principal Engineer
Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
SER4
in reply to: jpblower

Looks like this was the created idea, however, it has been archived:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/keep-color-of-surface-using-array-mirror/idi-p/4597507

I'm on 2019 and still wishing this functionality worked.

Dell Precision 5680 Laptop; Win11 Pro; 64GB RAM; i9-13900H CPU; Intel Iris Xe Graphics, NVIDIA RTX 3500 Ada Laptop GPU.
Vault Pro 2023.4.1 (28.4.20.0); Inventor Pro 2023.4.1 (418).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report