Inventor General

Message 1 of 4 (126 Views)

how can I change positional reprasentations in sub assenbly using ilogic?

126 Views, 3 Replies
12-12-2012 11:44 PM

Goodmorning,

I'm configuring a band with different supports. Each support is configured with a range; 600-900, 900-1200, 1200-1500 etc. those ranges can be adjust by 50mm and those steps are specified by the pos reps (see attached image).

All the different supports are put in the top assembly and in this assembly I want to switch between the positional representations. I tried to use: 

ThisApplication.ActiveDocument.ComponentDefinition.RepresentationsManager.PositionalRepresentations("MyPosRep").Activate

But it won't work. I guess I have to replace "ComponentDefinition" in one way or another to the component name, but I don't know how.

I hope you understand my problem and you are able to help me!

-Mart

Message 2 of 4 (100 Views)

Re: how can I change positional reprasentations in sub assenbly using ilogic?

12-17-2012 03:06 AM in reply to: martjonker

Band = conveyor-belt. :smileyhappy:

Valued Mentor
mpatchus
Message 3 of 4 (87 Views)

12-17-2012 05:43 AM in reply to: martjonker

Make sure the sub assemblies are set to FLEXIBLE or the positional representations can't take effect.

Mike Patchus

Inventor 2012 SP3 ~ Vault Pro 2013
==================
Lenovo D20 Workstation Intel Xenon E5640@2.67GHz (2)
Win 7, 24gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. :smileyhappy:
Message 4 of 4 (79 Views)

12-17-2012 05:58 AM in reply to: mpatchus

Thank you so much for your reply!

Can I use "ThisApplication.ActiveDocument.ComponentDefinition

.RepresentationsManager.PositionalRepresentations("MyPosRep").Activate" after I've set the sub assembly to flexible?

I'm wondering how Inventor knows which subassembly I want to change without mentioning the name of the sub assembly in the ilogic rule. Or do I need to make sure the name of the pos representation is only used once?

Ik hope you understand!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube