Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with a project ivpro2013 student version

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
528 Views, 9 Replies

help with a project ivpro2013 student version

II work in a fab shop. I have worked in fab shops for a few years. I used to be able to weld, but my eyes got bad, so now i can't. I can fabricate still tho.   A coworker of mine designed this machine for a customer of ours. He has never had any shop experience at all. I think it is overkill in some areas, but I want to run a stress analysis on it to see where the stress is on it. Kinda show him the right and wrong. I have attached the assembly. Can anyone help with stress analysis settings and where to place constraints etc.  The cart will carry a 1000lb load. The cylinder will pick up the cart to dump it, and return with prox sensors to show when its fully up and down. The pickup arms (forks) will be 90 degrees vertical when it's fully picked up. I can drive my constraint which is a flush constraint on the cylinder rod in model view and in simulation, but nothing seems to work as far as showing the animation in stress analysis. Any Help. If you can set it up for me showing what changes were made and where all loads etc were placed. Drive the constraint on cylinder rod (flush -1.4) to a negative 10 to show the movement of what I am after. I'm just not sure how the forks are going to stress or the pressure that will be needed as shear force on the main pivot rod.    Thanks In advance. 

I get a few error boxes upon opening the file but i can't read them because only half of the words are there. 

Keep in mine. I just used his files, had to recreate some of them as well as remate everything

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

posted other files here

Message 3 of 10
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

...   A coworker of mine designed this machine for a customer of ours. He has never had any shop experience at all...... Drive the constraint on cylinder rod (flush -1.4) to a negative 10 to show the movement of what I am after..

Appears to be student license used for commercial work?

Sounds like you need to get into Environments>Dynamic Simulation and then push out Time Steps to FEA.

But first I might concentrate on manufacturability.

There are uplicated dimensions, missing dimensions and unmanufacturable dimensions.

dimensions.PNG

Dynamic Simulation and FEA are advanced topics that assume some leve of mastery of the basics.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 10
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

I get a few error boxes upon opening the file but i can't read them because only half of the words are there. 

The only errors I got dealt with missing analysis files.

But that is not a problem - select Skip All.

What resolution is your monitor - you should be able to see all of the dialog boxes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

student license on mine at home , but our shop has 2012 pro paid.  sorry

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

i know how to use iv but im not sure he does.  i just opened his files and reassembled them. 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

i didnt have a problem with 2012 boxes just in 2013  ill take screenshot and attach to reply post

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Message 9 of 10
JDMather

Hopefully someone will jump in here and show Dynamic Simulation solution.
I will try to get to it myself, but kind of overloaded with work right now.

There is a book on DS by Wasim Younis at amazon.com

(you would need both books, DS and FEA)

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Cool thanks. Gonna play around with it some more myself for learning purposes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report