Inventor General

Valued Contributor
mbenoy
Message 11 of 14 (132 Views)

Re: help creating shape

09-15-2011 10:42 AM in reply to: johnsonshiue

I cleaned up a few sketches and then created it with a surface and sculpt.  Also got rid of all multibody steps.  I don't have the educational version or know anything about it so I'm not sure if you can open or not but I attached it.

Michael Benoy
Designer
Scott Safety

Inventor 2013 Pro, Windows 7, 64bit
Intel® Xeon® Processor W3580 (8M Cache, 3.33 GHz)
12 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800
Distinguished Contributor
gryles
Message 12 of 14 (99 Views)

09-20-2011 03:05 AM in reply to: mbenoy

Thanks for the advice on how best model this shape.In your opinion this shape would be best modelled using surfaces for the entire model...

The part attached has the neck section remodelled...it was my last attempt a few days ago.....i will go to surfaces if you advise this is the ideal way to model the part.

Greg

Inventor 2012
Valued Contributor
mbenoy
Message 13 of 14 (82 Views)

09-20-2011 10:50 AM in reply to: gryles

Everyone models differently, of course.  For me, putting that last feature in as a surface was easiest/quickest.  It could have been done as a solid step but the sketches would have been a little more involved.  I usually like lofting surfaces more than solids anyway.  Less edges to control.  I didn't use any surfaces elsewhere.

Michael Benoy
Designer
Scott Safety

Inventor 2013 Pro, Windows 7, 64bit
Intel® Xeon® Processor W3580 (8M Cache, 3.33 GHz)
12 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800
Distinguished Contributor
gryles
Message 14 of 14 (51 Views)

09-30-2011 04:01 AM in reply to: mbenoy

Thanks for helping and offering your advice.Did you get a chance to view attempt 2.Thoughts for improvements

Greg

Inventor 2012

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube