Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

has anyone got a metric spanner set model?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
stephengibson76
1326 Views, 8 Replies

has anyone got a metric spanner set model?

Grabcad have a nice set but they are not standard length or they are a dumpy set, we would like to drop them into assemblies to make sure we can get to fixings

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
blair
in reply to: stephengibson76

I didn't think there was a set standard for length and exterior of sockets and boxed-end spanners (wrenches for the non-British audience). The better quality tools will have a thinner wall on the sockets and boxed (closed end) for the spanners. 6-point and 12-point closed end spanners will have different (wall) thickness as well. Impact sockets will have a different wall thickness from hand-sockets as well.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: blair

There isn't even a standard to force you crazy British to call it a wrench 🙂

Open end wrench/box end wrench 

There are some head "clearance" standards (based on a composite study of commonly available ones)  I guess in the machinery handbook from the SAE aeronautical drafting manual... nothing for metric in there but this guy has done some work... http://www.roymech.co.uk/Useful_Tables/Screws/Head_Clearances.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: stephengibson76

This is my definition of a "spanner wrench".

Spanner Wrench.PNG

Maybe cbliss.com has what you need.

http://cbliss.com/inventor/Parts/Tools/index.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 9
blair
in reply to: JDMather

I wouldn't put that in the Boot.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 9

I am looking for spanners or combination spanners, (wrenches are for plumbing Smiley Tongue...  see picture below.  They do come in standard lengths, theoretically you tighten each fixing with the same force, (human power) and the larger the spanner, the longer the lever hence the correct torque for the size of bolt you are fixing, (this is my understanding anyway, hand tight, then ****)

I could always go to the workshop and measure.  We use impact sockets for our socket sizes as they are the largest we would put on a fixing

spanner set.jpg

Stephen Gibson

Message 7 of 9
stephengibson76
in reply to: mcgyvr

thanks, a useful table

Stephen Gibson

Message 8 of 9
stephengibson76
in reply to: JDMather

thanks, cbliss was my first check, dont know why I missed that one, looks pretty close dimensionally to the spanners we have in the shop

Stephen Gibson

Message 9 of 9

the **** was the technical engineering term "n i p" as in n i p it tight

just a censorship test

grease nipples

Stephen Gibson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report